Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shifting to a different tool frame?

Creator
Creator

I'm running Process Simulate 13.0 with FANUC RCS. Given an existing robot path, I would like to specify a different tool frame for a via while preserving the current robot position. Currently, when I change one of the various "Utool" columns in the "Path and Locations" editor, the robot physially adjusts itself to make the existing via match the new TCP.

What is the best way to make this frame shift? My current, inefficient workaround is to change all the via's "Def Type" to "Pose" and download the listing file. Then I change the tool frame number in the listing file and upload it back into ProcessSimulate.  Finally, change the Def Type back to Cartesian.

There must be a better way!

2 REPLIES

Re: Shifting to a different tool frame?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

**bleep** Locations By Tcp Offset from Olp Tool package is meant for that.

<<

• Shift Locations by TCP Offset

This tool allows the realignment of locations created with a wrong robot TCPF.

• To enable the command, select one or several locations and robotic operations (in the case of robotic operations, all locations inside the operations will be considered selected).
  • Upon invocation, following dialog will appear:
Correct Tcp
  • Select the wrong TCP and the correct TCP (you can pick frames or locations).
  • Select the appropriate filter (Apply to):
    • All Locations: the command will be applied to all selected locations
    • Only Via Locations: the command will be applied only to via locations (weld and seam locations will be skipped)
  • Select the appropriate update method:
    • All: update both the translation and orientation part of the selected locations
    • Translation: only update the translation part of the selected locations (orientation is unchanged)
    • Orientation: only update the orientation part of the selected locations (translation is unchanged)
  • Press "OK".
    • All selected locations will be shifted by the offset between the wrong and correct TCP
    • Note: teached positions are also updated accordingly

>>

Re: Shifting to a different tool frame?

Creator
Creator

Great. This is exactly what I needed. I was unaware of the OLP Tool package. I have found the installer on the GTAC FTP server.

Thank you!