Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Shortcuts key in pd and ps

Is it possible to define all my shortcuts key in one custom file and copy this file in the pd or ps folder.then if update to new version I will not lost my shortcuts key any more.
7 REPLIES

Re: Shortcuts key in pd and ps

Hello Hulala.

I'm afraid currently moving Layouts and Keyboard shortcuts is not supported in PS\PD.

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

very bad

Kind regards,

Benjamin Voelzke

Hi, the user layout, keyboard shortcuts, and other such things are saved in

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Tecnomatix\Process Simulate

folder. 

I'm using the backup of this folder quite oftenSmiley Happy

Dave

Hi Dave,

yes, that´s right. All the layouts and shortcuts are saved in the files of the directory you described, but if you update your PS version e.g. from 10.1 to 11.1, you can´t use these files.

So, you cannot use the user defined files in various versions. If you stay in the same version is works.

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I haven't tested it on the PS, but in RobotExpert I'm moving files among folders

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Tecnomatix\RoborExpert\11.1

and

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Tecnomatix\RoborExpert\11TR

quite often, because I'm lazy to define everything again.

At least, Hulala could try it. If Siemens haven't changed the data structure between PS 10.1 and PS11.1, it should work.

D.

Hello Dave,thanks for your answer.i will try it in pd/ps.if it works,that is good!

[ Edited ]

Hi Dave,

the data structure is still the same. But with PS 11.x new functions are added to the software. The new functions from 11.1 are not available in 10.1 In this case it doesn't work.