cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal mapping error in process simulate 13.0.2

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Dear Experts,

We are getting started with Virtual Commissioning, for plant simulation VC is working fine but in process simulate  with the same setup we are getting few errors.

We want to simulate simple device operation without robot, I have created relevant signals and it was working fine in line simulation mode. Now I have connected S7-400 plc with KEP Server OPC and connection was successful.

Problem 1: I am not able to start the simulation as soon as I connect to PLC in line simulation mode (I read related post with robot where they are creating robot start signal but I am not using any robot in this case)

Problem 2: I am not able to map the signal with signal mapping tool ( Not able to import signals in Excel sheet)

Thanks in Advance,

2 REPLIES

Re: Signal mapping error in process simulate 13.0.2

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

Problem1:

If you have the "PLC connection" checkbox activated for a signal and you are not in CEE mode,

you must be connected to your PLC. Otherwise simulation will not start.
You also need to set the "External Connection", which is the PLC connection you defined ( in your case the OPC connection).

Problem2:

First of all it depends on the layout of your "SignalMapping" table. An example you will find in PS help (F1).

You can change the names of available signals in your study and you can add PLC address to your signals.

Adding PLC address is not important for you, because your are using "Signal Name" as mapping method in your OPC connection.

Best regards

Patrick

Re: Signal mapping error in process simulate 13.0.2

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi,

I could simulate by turning devices into smart components

Signal mapping, I did it in the OPC server itself and set proper OPC external connection in PLC connection tab of process simulate.

Now it is working fine,

With Regards,

Jeethan Tellis