Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Simba PS11.1TR3 connection valid, but not responding

Hello.

I'm working on virtual commissioning.

PS11.1TR3 is not responding to Simba on laptop i want to use.

Next to my laptop I have example of PC that is working with my Simba just fine. I'm working on network drive that is connected to both, PC and laptop. Thanks to that, I'm able to start simulation (in Line Simulation Mode of course) with files configured properly in SimulationUnit, .spf file, and cell.

In External Connections I've added Simba, and I've got report that "connection is valid".

When I want to manage my signals in Simulation Panel, thanks to Step7 on another laptop, I have no response, all signals are red.

Summarizing, on PC on the same cell, .spf file, and configuration in PS (same version) is working, and on laptop is not..

Had anyone similar problem?

Regards

Krzysztof Bazgier

7 REPLIES

Re: Simba PS11.1TR3 connection valid, but not responding

Hi Gargur,

I have the same problem as you do.

How did you set up the External connection, with OPC Connection or directly to the SIMBA PNIO Connection?

I used the OPC one, but when I try to manage signals in PS I don't see them change in my OPC Scout.

Anyone know how to connect the PS connection directly to the SIMBA PNIO Connection? I don't know which "Name:" and "Hardware index:" i have to choose.

Regards,

Rob.

That is mentioned in the help files.
Name: as you like
Index: 001

-----------------
Siemens Industry Software GmbH & Co. KG; Anschrift: Franz-Geuer-Str. 10, 50823 Köln;
Kommanditgesellschaft: Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln; Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln, HRA 28227;
Geschäftsführung und persönlich haftender Gesellschafter: Siemens Industry Software Management GmbH;
Geschäftsführer: Urban August, Daniel Trebes; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln; Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 70858

Some additional info for using the simba pnio box that might help:

The API of the simba pnio box allows only 1 simulation tool. There is no synchronisation between multiple tools. So, if you want to use multiple tools you should put them on top of each other. So that only one tools reads and writes the I/O image of the simba box. 

Also, the control port 1 of the box allows only 1 IP-adres to connect to it. So, running multiple simulation tools on multiple PC's wont work. 

Br.

[ Edited ]

Hi robhen,

If You still have problems with that:

- make sure Your SimulationUnit is turned off (as Pim said earlier)

- make sure that You are not using SimulationUnit below 8.0.16

- check if, in Signal Viewer, Your signals are marked in field PLC Connection, and External Connection with SIMBA - according to Your name in Options -> external connections

And one more thing: with index for simba, it depend on which You are using in Your project, I have PC with working just 0. If You have message, that Your connection is valid after click on "Validate" in External Connection (in options for PLC), the index should be fine. Try 1, and You'll see what happen

PS: on my laptop it's still not working, but those are first things to check

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies but it is still not working.

Guido: Where in the help file can I found something about this? 

Pim: I am only using 1 tool.

Gargur:

- I only made connection with SimulationUnit, didnt start it

- I use SimulationUnit 8.1.10 

- I checked the signal viewer, the PLC fields are marked, and external connection is on SimbaConnection as you see in figure below.

This is how the setup of my connection is:

Anyone know's what to do now?

The symbollist I import in PS is the same is imported in the Simba box, is this correct? Because when I see the IOview in SimulationUnit the address changed to S000i...

So I also guess I have to use the index 0 because of this IOview.

Regards,

Rob

Hello,

Did You add proper path to Your "Program Settings"?

It's a button You need to add from "Customize" and insert path to Your .spf file

Hello Gargur,

Thank you very much, now my connection is valid Smiley Happy

I feel stupid that I didnt think about that.

Rob