Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Simulation layer active frame

Hey guys,

i use TCN 10.1 and tried to create a simulation layer for my gripping command. My problem is that I don´t know how to create the command for choosing the current grippingframe:

<SimulationLayer>
         <If>
   <![CDATA[ ('gripper_motion' == \schliessen)]]>
    <Line>
     <Item Type="const"># Destination ${ActiveGripper}</Item>
    </Line>
    <Line>
     <Item Type="const"># Drive P200</Item>
    </Line>
    <Line>
     <Item Type="const"># Destination ${ActiveGripper}</Item>
    </Line>
    <Line>
     <Item Type="const"># WaitDevice P200</Item>
    </Line>
    <Line>
     <Item Type="const"># Grip  ????</Item>
    </Line>
  </If> 

Our grippers have different gripping frames - is there a solution for my problem?

3 REPLIES

Re: Simulation layer active frame

Hi,

if your gripper has the ability to grip parts in separate places, you should split it into separate gripper.

Why is it so important for you the entity to which the part should be attached? you can have several gripping entity which will detect which part to attach, but all parts can be attached to the same  frame.

[ Edited ]

Sorry, missunderstand. Smiley Wink

I´ve wrote my customised motion like the sample above. The gripper is defined as gripper, also the gripping entities and the TCP frame is defined.

When I try to move the robot to the gripping position, he doesn´t grip the parts. I´ve got the error message:

---------------------------------

ir_110040r07[RRS]> Fehler an (hho_w40S4_l40_t_GR152) m3h40p50: "Grip" konnte nicht ausgefuehrt werden.

I´seems the Grip-command needs an explicit frame to attach the parts to, it only works when I hardcode the frame in the command, like

<Line>
     <Item Type="const"># Grip gripping_frame</Item>
    </Line>

We have a few different grippers, but there frames are not alle named the same.

Is it a workarround to create a frame on every gripper which is called - for example - "gripping_frame"?

yes, this is a good practice to standardize the gripping frame name for all gripper. Then you will be able to use this name in the simulation layer.

in order to verify the exact syntax, you can use the UI dialog to create OLP commands:

Standard Commands / ToolHanding / DriveDevice

you can see there the exact name of the frame to which gripped parts will be attached.