cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Singularity

Creator
Creator

Hello all

Does robot expert support singularity option? If no how can we detect singularity while doing simulation in robot expert? 

thanks in advance...

Regards,

Suganth

7 REPLIES

Re: Singularity

I do not know robot expert, but I presume it will be the same as in Robcad and Process Simulate.

If you do not run the robot via an RCS your system will not tell you about singularity.

You have to run the robot via it's rcs. You might start the first reachability studies with the default controler, but as soon as it is possible you should run through the RCS so that you do not have to find out that half the program was made in singularity.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

RobotExpert is indeed same as Process Simulate in this aspect. You can play with the motionparameters.e file while you run in MOP (i.e. without RCS module) in order to detect some singularities, but obviously you would have safer results if you simulate with a RCS module.

Creator
Creator

Hi

Thank you for the response. Whether RCS is an optional software need to buy from ABB? 

Well, you basically need 3 licenses to use 1 robot:

For Siemens:

TN70020(C or NU)   Robotics & Automation (it contains prd_olp_base)

TN70110(C or NU)   ABB Rapid OLP FL          prd_ps_olp_s4c

For the actual RCS

TN1048V                  ABB S4 - IRC5 RCS modul  3rd Party License by ABB

I presume you already have the 1st one.

Creator
Creator

Hi Waterlander

I have  these two TN70020(C or NU)  Robotics & Automation (it contains prd_olp_base) & TN70110(C or NU)   ABB Rapid OLP FL  prd_ps_olp_s4c.

But I don't have RCS. I checked with ABB Singapore but they replied they don't have such kind of softwares. Where can I get this?  Cat Sad 

You buy them from Siemens also.

Creator
Creator

thanks