cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart logic block

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

I am trying to create a smart component for a turn table controlled by a drive. If look at the availble actions I do not see an action where I can use a real value to move to table to a specific position(100 degree, 120 degree etc.), I can only see action that let you move a device to its maximum or minimum of the joint.

Can some please help

Thank you.

3 REPLIES

Re: Smart logic block

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi RobSimCoder

The basic concept is having a Joint Distance Sensor to measure the drive value and a Velocity or Acceleration Controled Action to move the drive as long as the value is different than the required target (SetPoint<>JDS). SetPoint and the JDS are both REAL and that's where you input your target.

This will let you move to any Target you input to the LB (once all Move condition in the Action Value Expression are fulfilled of course).

In order to avoid overshooting it is recommended to have an additional slower speed that's used when the drive gets closer to the target (large time intervals for example can cause overshoot).

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

I understand what you are saying about the JDS but the setpoint to me is not clear. How to I create this setpoint in order to make to table move to a value inserted. If I look at the jac or jac there is no way I can see to do this, all I can see is to move the table to its maximum or minimum joint value.

Regards

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi

Try this thread.

Kind regards,
Gal Snir