Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Step by step setting up of RCS Module in PS

Legend
Legend

ok, very good.

now install the kuka krc controller first and take a look at the "customize columns" dialog in path editor. if the parameters for kuka-krc are available, you don´t need to import the robotics customization.

Pioneer
Pioneer

One more question from newbie of mine:

I need to create a cell with KUKA KR500 robot. I have a model of this robot: a folder kr500l340_3.co. Also I have downloaded machine data. What should be my first steps in PS or PD based on eMServer? I tried to create a study in standalone version through import fron CAD-files (I have converted CO to COJT before) but server-based version is quite different.

Legend
Legend

you can use "import CAD files" (maybe you need to search this function in the customize menu)

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Ila.

Glad we managed to help !

If you already have it in .co or .cojt you do not need to import it as CAD.

You will need to use Create Engineering Library (see help), define the .cojt as a robot in the sub dialog (again, see help) and then simply drag and drop it into a study (drag and drop feature might depend on your PS version, you can simply drag and drop the robot from the library into the Graphic Viewer while the study is loaded).

Good luck ! 

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Pioneer
Pioneer

Looks like a asked this question before, but it's still important for me to understand. In Kuka-Krc controller on Process Simulate Short User Manual dated march 2014 they wrote: "install MKS 32 bits (even on PS 64 bits) for KUKA RCS that require MKS at runtime". Do I need to install that software? The point is that this software isn't for free and I should be in the firm belief before request such an expence.

Siemens Legend

I belive you mentioned you are using Kuka v8.3, no ?

In that case you don’t need MKS at all.

Older Kuka versions (5.x) require MKS at runtime while the newer ones (8.x) do not.

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have version 8.3.

What should I do to create a new study? This menu item isn't available in PS no matter wether the project is opened or closed.

To prevent those stupid questions of mine, is there in this Universe a User Manual for PS? Anybody know? Or any other documents for users (not for administrators). Embedded Help really sucks... Smiley Sad

Siemens Legend
A Study object is only available under a "Study folder".

Right click on a collection (or Project root) -> New -> Study Folder
Then right click the Study Folder -> New -> Robcad Study.

You can see a similar explanation in the help under the "To create a study" index (Process Simulate version 11.1 TR2 Reference Manual->Quick Tour of Process Simulate->Launching Process Simulate Using Direct Access->Creating a Study)
Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you, you are right! This file is much better than embedded help! 

Pioneer
Pioneer

Which exact file ("Machine data file") it is complaining about?

1.png