Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

The RCS could not be initialized

Hello I am trying to install RCS 5.0 but I am not able to run RCS license manager as a service as is described in manual from GTAC (ABB_S4CPlus_IRC5_Installation.doc). When I use Lmtools to configure and start it I allways get an Error 1053: "The service did not respond in a timely fashion".

When I tried to run RCS 4.0 from the cell everything works well.

Does anybody have any suggestion how to solve it?

Thank you very much

Martin Zobl

Pemavako s.r.o.
9 REPLIES

Re: The RCS could not be initialized

Don't you by chance use Windows 2003 Server?

There's an issue described in Microsoft article. There's a fix for that.

Also it states that setting a checkmark "Allow service to interact with desktop" in service properties might help as well.

Regards, Vladimir.

The license is on desktop with win7. On the same desktop runs Process Simulate license and the service works well. I get this error message only for RCS license configuration. 

Martin Zobl

Pemavako s.r.o.

Check in Services, whether RCS license service was created successfully.

Do you have any logs from RCS license server (log file is defined in lmtools)? Maybe it has some hint...

Regards, Vladimir.

I created RCS license service same way like Tecnomatix license. Tecnomatix works, RCS license service does not work.

There is my log

20:58:13 (lmgrd) pid 11704
20:58:13 (lmgrd) Done rereading
20:58:13 (lmgrd) FLEXlm (v8.4a) started on note29 (IBM PC) (1/22/2017)
20:58:13 (lmgrd) Copyright (c) 1988-2003 by Macrovision Corporation. All rights reserved.
20:58:13 (lmgrd) US Patents 5,390,297 and 5,671,412.
20:58:13 (lmgrd) World Wide Web: http://www.macrovision.com
20:58:13 (lmgrd) License file(s): C:\Program Files\ABB Robotics\License\RCS_ABB_5_6.dat
20:58:13 (lmgrd) lmgrd tcp-port 27004
20:58:13 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemons ...
20:58:13 (lmgrd) Started rcsablmd (pid 13732)
20:58:13 (rcsablmd) Server started on note29 for: abb_getnextstep
20:58:13 (lmgrd) rcsablmd using TCP-port 50754

Lmtools says that the RCS server is running but when I check the service it does not run and it is not possible to start it.
Martin Zobl

Pemavako s.r.o.

Ok, log shows no error.

Is it only a problem with service? What if you start license manager with bat-file? There's a sample (need to edit it and specify a license file).

Also you can try to look to Windows logs (in Event Viewer).

Unfortunately I have no license to try to install a service locally.

Regards, Vladimir.

[ Edited ]

Hi Skeeve,

when I use bat-file on customers laptop RCS initialization works well. Customer has server and client on the same laptop.

Customer wants a training for RCS in our office. So I am triyng now to run RCS on our server license I get from ABB. I have installed RCS license server on our server and it looks that license runs well via "flexinit". In our license file I set port 27001.

But I have to do something wrong in installing of client on my laptop. I have tried to write IP address of our server, then name of the server, then 27001@IP adress of our server, then 27001@name of our server but every RCS initialization in Process Simulate ends with error 206 (The RCS could not be initialized: Communication with RCS module failed)

When I tried it with turned on shell I get following "shell_log.JPG"

Thank you any help

Martin Zobl

Pemavako s.r.o.

There is a rcsaddr.txt in the RCS client folder that should contain the IP of the RCS server.

[ Edited ]

As I wrote, this possibility I have tried. But with the same result in PS, error 206.

rrs.xml is written in similar syntax as on customer laptop where everything works well.

Any hint where could be mistake?

Thank you

Martin Zobl

Pemavako s.r.o.
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author zobl
‎02-03-2017 04:01 PM

Hello, there were issue with allowed TCP port on server. In my case I had to allow all the TCP ports because they are variable at every start of RCS server.

Thank you to everyone who replied

Martin Zobl

Pemavako s.r.o.