Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Weld distribution center to calculate weld ability

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hello,
I use weld distribution center to calculate weld ability for the normal weld process(the gun installed on the Robot),it works very good.But if I use weld distribution center to calculate weld ability for stationary gun,it doesn't work. Did somebody once successfully use this function on stationary gun simulation?
3 REPLIES

Re: Use Weld distribution center to calculate weld ability

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello Hulala.

Yes - WDC should work fine for an External TCP scenario as well.

How are you defining the stationary gun ?

You will need to check the "External TCP" checkbox in the Weld Operation's properties and assign a robot and gun to it. After this WDC should work just the same as it would for a mounted gun scenario.

WDC.jpg

Please let me know if this helps,

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hello Gal_Snir,
Thank you for your answer.I have tried use WDC to simulate stationary gun,but failed.I did as follow:1.mount gripper to robot 2.attach product to gripper 3.check the "External TCP" checkbox in the Weld Operation's properties and assign a robot and gun to it.4.open WDC and creat collision set.see the attached picture.I used Technomatix 10.1

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello Hulala.

I understand. I've grown quite accustumed to using a newer version I suppose, sorry about that.

Support of External TCP scenarios in WDC was introduced in version 11.0

Eariler versions are indeed incapable of calculating weld ability for such a case.

Kind regards,
Gal Snir