cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Commissioning PLCSIM

Pioneer
Pioneer

Dear colleagues,

We have updated Process Simulate to 11.1TR3 and PLCSIM 5.4 SP5. We are trying the connection to PLCSIM in line simulation mode. We are seeing the following errors. When we check the option "Download program before first run" Process Simulate starts PLCSIM but return the same errors.

Could this be a license problem? Or is this a more often error..?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Gabriel
18 REPLIES

Re: Virtual Commissioning PLCSIM

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

hello,

please check the connection between ps an plcsim first.

create a new cell with 1 signal and press play.

in signal viewer only tick the plc connection for signals with adress

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I think there certainly is a connection because when I press play the simulation "starts". But no I/O is monitored/changed. When I press the "Jump Simulation to Start" my PLCSIM stops running.. So I think there is a connection between PLCSIM and PS..

Best regards,

Gabriel

Pioneer
Pioneer

Dear Forum colleagues,

Made a few steps.. and a few steps backwards unfortunatly. Whenever we download a plc program to PLCSIM everything looks fine. Until we start a simulation in Process Simulate. Then we get the following errors.

2014-11-19_13-17-07.jpg

2014-11-19_13-17-49.jpg

If we try to start a simulation in PS with an empty PLCSIM everything works fine. We see the mapped IO in the PLCSIM.

Our question.. what is going wrong?? There seems to be a connection but whenever a program gets involved in the PLCSIM we get errors..

Best regards,

Gabriel

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Gabriel,

I have got the same problem with connection to PLCSIM. I've get everything on one machine, but I cannot connect to PLCSIM. Have you solved it, please?

My hw&sw conf:

win 7 64bit, PS11.1 TR3, PLCSIM V.5.4+SP5 Up2

Thank you very much

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

We can use a "empty" PLCSIM. But whenever we try to download a PLC program the errors begin to pop up.

We are waiting on the expert from Siemens to do a test with PS and PLCSIM.

Do you have a program running in PLCSIM or is it empty?

Best regards,

Gabriel

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I tried it with empty PLCSIM, but I have got still same error, like you discrabe in your first post.

In attachment is my conf for PLCSIM. What did you change, that you were able to connect with empty project, please?

Thank you.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

Did you map the signals of the PLC correcly? And does the PLCSIM automaticly go in run-p? PS can start up the PLCSIM all by itself..

Did you use the MRES button in PLCSIM? This does wonders on occaion..

Best regards,

Gabriel

Pioneer
Pioneer

I unchecked "Download program before first run" and tried MRES and after play simulation PLCIM is going to RUN-P. I found that PS change scan mode in PLCSIM from continues to single scan. Before I play simulation I changed from single to continues but it doesnt help..

I'm brand new in PS but these signals work well with SIMBA BOX (I tried it before), so I hope that signal mapping is ok.. 

Pioneer
Pioneer

We have had trouble with the connection in the beginning. But then we used a empty PLCSIM and then the connection stays stable..

Until we try to download a program to PLCSIM, then the connection fails and we get the error messages.

Why did you stop working with the SimbaBox?

Best regards,

Gabriel