cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Commissioning communicate safety signal with OPC

Creator
Creator

Hello,

Some one of you have any experience in OPC communication for safety signals? As you know everything is perfetct with stndard signals but when we consider safety signals everything is more complex. In general the PLC doesn't allow the communication for safety with OPC (so Process simulate). With Siemens PLC you can solve the problem  using Simba (simulationUnit) but with other PLC brand as Rockwell? Do you know if tehre are some OPC able to force the safety signals?

Thanks

Roberto

3 REPLIES

Re: Virtual Commissioning communicate safety signal with OPC

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter
  1. AB doesn’t allow to trigger safety signals directly by OPC..For AB-Rockwell there is an official workflow, from Rockwell on how to handle Safety signals triggered by normal signals.
  2. Please look at

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1756-um022_-en-p.pdf

page 100 ff.

Creator
Creator

thanks for your reply.

I know this method but I was wondering if also other approaches exist, if for example I already have the PLC software I need to spend a lot of time to re-map all the safety tags to standard tags.

Thank you

Highlighted

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Roberto, did you have any solution for this problem?? I have the same, if you can, please send your contact to me, I think that we can share information and try to solve this problem! thanks!