Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Virtual commissioning without real PLC

Hello,

Is it possible to control the operations in PS with a PLC code in TIA Portal without having the real PLC connected?

I have succesfully created a project where real PLC controls my robotic cell in PS. So now I would like to test my PLC code before implementing the real hardware.

- Process Simulate 12.0TR1

- TIA Portal V13 SP1 Update 2

Best regards

SaMe

7 REPLIES

Re: Virtual commissioning without real PLC

Hello,

today it is not possible to check TIA Projects without real plc with process simulate.

only with simba box it is working.

Kind regards,

Benjamin Voelzke

IMHO: you can use OPC server and connect PLCSIM.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author SaMe
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

i think the opc connection to TIA PLCSIM Advanced is not possible today

Kind regards,

Benjamin Voelzke

Hello and thank you for the replies voelzke and Dave007,

I was a little confused after reading posts about SIMIT and PLCSIM options in PS PLC simulation. Nobody mentioned using a real PLC in their setups so I thought that I can simulate my PLC code: Virtual PLC which communicates with my PS.

So this kind of simulation has been possible before? Because there are these Emulation options.

Best regards

SaMe

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author SaMe
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

There is some potential for confusion, you are right.

I try to sort this out.

Interfaces from PS to the PLC world are:

1. SIMIT - which actually "SIMIT Emulation Platform". EMU can emulate several PLC's. PS connect using OPC and an additional TimeSynch-Channel, that makes sure PS and PLC run in the same virtual time index

2. PLCSIM - connects to the "old" PLCSim, integrated in Step7. This also simulates time-synchronized

3. external connection, mean connections to

A: one or more OPC-servers (v1.1a, OPC UA is not (yet) supported)

B: one or more SIMBA or "Simulation Units" that emulate your ProfiNet environment

External connections are always asynchronous connections to real-time devices>> no time-sync

4. PLCSim adv. is not yet supported, but stay tuned....

for better understanding:

today i can not connecting a TIA Project (V13 SP2) without real PLC to Process Simulate.

TIA Projects in real plc (ex. 1518) can connect with Simba or Simulation Units.

It is possible to load a TIA Project in Simit without real plc?

Questions about your Infos

1. SIMIT - which actually "SIMIT Emulation Platform". EMU can emulate several PLC's. PS connect using OPC and an additional TimeSynch-Channel, that makes sure PS and PLC run in the same virtual time index

it is possible to connect all Simit Versions to Process Simulate or is here a constraint?

2. PLCSIM - connects to the "old" PLCSim, integrated in Step7. This also simulates time-synchronized

are you sure PLCSim is time-synchronized with PS? i think this is not possible.

3. external connection, mean connections to

A: one or more OPC-servers (v1.1a, OPC UA is not (yet) supported)

B: one or more SIMBA or "Simulation Units" that emulate your ProfiNet environment

External connections are always asynchronous connections to real-time devices>> no time-sync

you write one or more! But you can added more connections but not simulation on same time.