cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#Weld and #GunToState Problem

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello everybody,

first of all sorry about my bad English..

I have  PS 11.0. A cell with Comau C5G, with OLP and RCS working.

I'm having a problem with OLP Commands that arent working as well. This commands (#weld and #guntostate) that make a close/open of a gun, are working just sometimes.

It is strange because sometimes work sometimes doesnt. When a Move to Location some weld point it could execute or no execute this command for a reason that I dont understand. And when I push a play at Path Editor or Sequence Editor the simulation stops when arrive in a Weld Point, but sometimes the command is executed normaly.

Someone to help?

thanks

15 REPLIES

Re: #Weld and #GunToState Problem

Legend
Legend
Hi,

check if the gun is correctly defined in the operation properties.
Additionally, display the active gun column in the path editor and check that all are similar to the gun selected in the properties.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I've check this itens and it is matching, I have defined this gun in the operation properties, in the Gun Definition in the teach pendant, and is showing in the Active Gun 1 on the path Editor.

The collun Active Gun is in gray color, and I can't modify it.

Legend
Legend

Hi,

ok, is there a "Gun Position" defined for your weld location?

Add "Gun Position" column to path editor and define the position, which you want to have after welding.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If you go to Kinematics / Tool Definition, what is the type of your gun (Gun, ServoGun, PneumaticServoGun)?

Pioneer
Pioneer

It is a servo gun.

I added the Colluns Gun State, Gun State1 and Gun Position that I get in the Comau OLP Commands and all this colluns show in gray.

I  added a Gun state from 'Process' OLP Command, in the weld points the position are Open, and for vias are No Change.

For some reason the simulation finish when arrive in a weld point. I could run the simulation only with a Auto Teach button pushed.

I also try run the simulation with default controller.

Thanks for the atention guys

Siemens Phenom

If it is a servo gun, then you have to enter "Servo Value" which is the servo opening value in mm at arrival and at departure. The close position is taken from the gun CLOSE pose.

It is normal that "Gun State" is disabled as it is meant for pneumatic guns only.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Yes, the servo value exist and is filled, the gun's J1 moves to a position that I programed. The problen is that the gun isn't doing the weld simulation (gun close/after) right after arrive in the point

Siemens Phenom

Can you turn Robot Setup / Simulation Settings / Debug Trace On, then right click on a weld location + Move to location, and provide the trace log that is generated in the simulation window?

Siemens Phenom

Is the point really a weld location and not a via location?