cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add sensor

Creator
Creator

I am trying to simulate the Kuka iiwa robot as reality(i put 7 sensors in each axis.) in process simulate (Line Mode),but I have a problem to apply power force limiting function. in the process stimulate doesn't have a suitable sensor to cover this function. in process simulate just have (proximity, proper, photoelectric) sensors which are cover just distance and dimension of objects. I need the sensor react to force. for example if robot sense contact more than 5kg, it be stop.

would you please help me about the solve this problem. do thing how I can add this type of sensors to robots?

thanks,

Sahar

9 REPLIES

Re: add sensor

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hello Sahar,

Unfortunately Process Simulate does not currently support simulation of dynamics (force/torque etc.).

We do plan to incorporate such capabilities in future releases of Process Simulate.

May I please ask what is the purpose for which you wish to simulate the exact forces for the robot to stop?

Wouldn't it be sufficient, in your case, to emulate the force contact by using either proximity or photoelectric sensor, and assume that if there is some specific contact between certain real or dummy entities, then it means the 5KG force limiting function should react?

If you require using more complex detection logic you can always write your own code for a logic behavior function. You can check the manual for "User LB Function" for samle code and instructions.

Kind regards,

Zachi Mann,

Robotics 4.0

Siemens PLM Software

Creator
Creator

Dear Zachi_Mann,

actually, I am working the simulation environment of human-robot collaboration. 

in safety scenario, we have a different option to prevent the collision.

for example:

power force limiting(I need force sensor),  

speed separation monitoring(i need to decrease and change speed during simulation to prevent collision)

Hand Guiding(the robot should go to the impedance control).

I am confusing how to apply this safety aspects to my simulation. in process simulate just we have (proximity,light, and photoelectric) sensors. none of them did cover force control. also, I don't know how to change the speed in part of simulation or how to apply hand guide method and use the impedance control of a robot.

I am not so good in programming, now I prefer don't use programming now.

Regards,

Sahar

Creator
Creator

Dear Zachi_Mann,

actually, I am working the simulation environment of human-robot collaboration. 

in safety scenario, we have a different option to prevent the collision.

for example:

power force limiting(I need force sensor),  

speed separation monitoring(i need to decrease and change speed during simulation to prevent collision)

Hand Guiding(the robot should go to the impedance control).

I am confusing how to apply this safety aspects to my simulation. in process simulate just we have (proximity,light, and photoelectric) sensors. none of them did cover force control. also, I don't know how to change the speed in part of simulation or how to apply hand guide method and use the impedance control of a robot.

I am not so good in programming, now I prefer don't use programming now.

Regards,

Sahar

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hello Sahar,

Thank you for your reply.

As I wrote before, unfortunately Process Simulate does not currently have force/dynamics simulation capabilities.

The simulation of Kuka LBR (iiwa) in Process Simulate uses a generic motion planner and OLP package - it does not simulate the accurate LBR behavior, as might happen should you use a different robot with a Robot Controller Simulation (RCS) package provided by the robot vendor. LBR does not have such a RCS package so Process Simulate defaults to use the generic motion planner.

Leaving Process Simulate aside for a moment, in my experience, in order to accurately simulate the forces etc., you would need to very accurately specify the dynamic properties of the simulated elements - density, material/friction, center of mass, etc. Even then, such dynamics simulation can be very inaccurate and dependent of physics engine used.

You mentioned that you wish to simulate speed seperation - this does not involve force sensing I believe, and it might be achieved with Process Simulate.

Regarding power force limiting and hand guiding, can you please explain what would you learn from simulating the behavior - with Process Simulate or any other simulation?

I mean - the safety capabilities exist in the robot, but what can you learn/gain from simulating them?

I would be truly grateful to understand this point, as we (Process Simulate R&D department) are currently investigating which benefits a simulation of such capabilities can bring to our customers.

Kind regards,

Zachi

Creator
Creator

Dear Zachi,

I think I should a little more describe my problem. First I did not have complete robcad model of KUKA iiwa lbr 14kg, and I tried to complete that.  for example, I don't know which and how to add sensors to kuka to  react to force(power force control).  

you mentioned I can achieve to speed and separation Monitoring. would you please more explain and tell me how I can achieve this safety issues? I did not found any option in process simulate to define different speed in different time. for example, I want to design my robot, if he detects any object front of him, the robot should reduce speed, else he continues with standard speed.

about Hand Guiding please explain more. when the Hand Guiding method applied, the robot should go to impedance control and allows to operator moves the robot in the desired direction, but also I don't know how to apply this method.

Creator
Creator

why no one  replies to  my question?????????????

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Dear Sahar65,

as Zachi said, there are no force-sensors available in PS.

If you know how to calc. such output, you might add it as an LB-user-function. Written in VB or C#.

Also keep in mind, as Zachi said, there will be no exact simulation for the Sunrise controller, as there is no RCS-Module available at Kuka, yet.

Regarding monitoring: the main tool to do that is the "robot viewer", which is activated on the Robotics-ribbon. It allows you to select from a few panels to observe and analyse the robots movement.

Regarding hand-guidance: you were asked, why you want to use hand guidance.

I also have difficulties to understand why someone would like to offline-program a robot, using hand-guidance. If really necessary, we have the robot-jog for that.

But in the end, why would you want to use Process Simulate for a teach-in procedure anyway? You are losing all advantages that make offline-programming superior about online-programming. Usually you model your locations backwards, starting from the relevant target-/work-positions in your setup.

You could even use Automatic Path Planning (if you have the required license).

Creator
Creator

Thank you so much for your supporting.

I am doing a university project and The university doesn't have an ability to online programming, just offline. they wanted, I show to them the hand guiding is working during the simulation. for example, whenever the robot covers the sight of the operator(human-robot-collaboration operation), the operator can move the robot in any direction during simulation, not with robot-jog.

also, I want to have different speed during simulation but I don't know how? for example, whenever the distance of operator is closer than specify distance, I want to robot sense it with the proximity sensor, and reduce the speed or change the movement. your colleague told me in PS I can achieve this purpose but really I don't know how to design safety speed monitoring.? how I can create different speed ?

At the end I have a very very important question, I created my model in standard mode(material flow created), whenever I converted to line mode, the problem is appearance. for example, it produces many plates, screws, brake disc,..... and during the simulation, some of them especially screws flights.  

I did not see any error or warning message, but I want to decrease the part product. I don't want to have 30 screws or 10 plates.  

how I can control my appearance.

at the end thank you for your patient and support,

Regards,

Sahar. 

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I'm sorry, but you are trying to do things with PS, where it was not made for.

Different speed you can only achieve using motion commands.

There is currently no way to set a global speed for the robot.

Regarding your parts:

You need to create an assembly and generate the whole assembly as appearance. Then they should stay together. Another way is, to show the parts as needed and blank all other objects, then export JT as monolithic. So you get a single object with your geometry.

When you can't see why objects suddenly fly with others, add the "attachment"-column to your object tree, it will tell you during simulation the status of your attachments.

If you look at the documentation of the default controller,

eMPower\Robotics\OLP\Default\Doc\default_user_manual.html

you'll find several relative motion commands.

You could e.g. build a tool with several proximity sensors, connect them to robot-signals and execute it.

I'm not sure anyone tried this before, but it might work.

• Relative Motion simulation commands

• # MoveRelBase [<RefLoc>] <X> <Y> <Z> [<RX> <RY'> <RZ">]

• Move the robot with an offset expressed in location object frame coordinates system.

• The offset is relative to:

• RefLoc if the optional <RefLoc> parameter is specified (RefLoc should be the name of a location inside the current robotic operation)

• otherwise, to the current location

• otherwise (if defined at operation level), to the current robot TCPF

• The optional rotational part of the offset are rotation angles in degrees expressed in location object frame coordinate system (rotations are performed one after the other in the rotating frame)

• The current location motion type, speed, zone are used to move to the offset position

• # MoveJRelBase  [<RefLoc>] <X> <Y> <Z> [<RX> <RY'> <RZ">]

• Same as # MoveRelBase, except that motion type to the offset position is forced toJoint

• # MoveLRelBase  [<RefLoc>] <X> <Y> <Z> [<RX> <RY'> <RZ">]

• Same as # MoveRelBase, except that motion type to the offset position is forced to Linear

• # MoveRelTool  [<RefLoc>] <X> <Y> <Z> [<RX> <RY'> <RZ">]

• Move the robot with an offset expressed in location self coordinates system.

• The offset is relative to:

• RefLoc if the optional <RefLoc> parameter is specified (RefLoc should be the name of a location inside the current robotic operation)

• otherwise, to the current location

• otherwise (if defined at operation level), to the current robot TCPF

• The optional rotational part of the offset are rotation angles in degrees expressed in reference location self coordinate system (rotations are performed one after the other in the rotating frame)

• The current location motion type, speed, zone are used to move to the offset position

• # MoveJRelTool [<RefLoc>] <X> <Y> <Z> [<RX> <RY'> <RZ">]

• Same as # MoveRelTool, except that motion type to the offset position is forced toJoint

• # MoveLRelTool  [<RefLoc>] <X> <Y> <Z> [<RX> <RY'> <RZ">]

• Same as # MoveRelTool, except that motion type to the offset position is forced to Linear