Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

cannot open robotexpert 12.0

hello,

i just downloaded trial version robotexpert 12.0TR1 and installed. But when i try to open it, just waiting for a few seconds and nothing happens. you can see the log file below;

015 Tue Jul 07 23:24:26.311 0:0 ApiBaseToolsLogger INFO Log file created R:\SOURCES\lib\ApiBase\Tools\Log\src\apiBaseToolsLogInitFunc.cpp (85)
2015 Tue Jul 07 23:24:26.763 0:408 HostFramework ERROR Fatal Error: Access Violation. AFWExceptionHandler.cpp (71)

what is the problem?

thank you.

4 REPLIES

Re: cannot open robotexpert 12.0

It's not easy to debug with this info, but a common cause is an old graphics card driver. Which graphics card do you have and which driver version?

If there is a newer graphics card driver available, you should upgrade to it then try to load RobotExpert.

Gil.

[ Edited ]

gilchen wrote:

It's not easy to debug with this info, but a common cause is an old graphics card driver. Which graphics card do you have and which driver version?

If there is a newer graphics card driver available, you should upgrade to it then try to load RobotExpert.

Gil.

i checked again. Driver is up to date. how can i provide more information? .

card    : NVIDIA GeForce 310M

driver   :Geforce 341.44 

thanks

Not sure if this has been resolved. This is what we did to fix the issue. It happens when you have a built in Intel HD card on a laptop and an Nvidia GPU. You need to set the Nvidia GPU as the preferred graphics card:

Open the Nvidia Control Panel\3D Settings\Manage 3D Settings\Preferred Graphics Driver\Set to Nvidia.

Tim Robinson

Geometric Solutions

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have the same issue. I cannot open RobotExpert and I am using the trial version 13.0. I already changed the Global Setting in the Nvidia Control Panel, by High-performance Nvidia processor and it did not work.

Any suggestions,