Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

dual arm robot

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody,

does anybody have an experience with dual arm robots? 

I'm just "fighting" with yaskawa csda10f. The problem is that it's impossible to define more than one TOOLFRAME. I've seen some Siemens videos with dual arm robots. It seems that there should be defined two one arm robots and they are coupled later in operation step. But there is no documentation for that. 

Any help appreciated

Dave

9 REPLIES

Re: dual arm robot

Hi Dave,

this is a very recent feature.

Actually you have two arms that you merge in an EquipmentPrototype and a specific operation.

Check online-help of TX12.1 and search for "concurrent robotic operation"

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I know that it's brand new feature. I'm very happy that Siemens continuously develops its products. 

The Siemens video shows some "workarounds" in the equipmnet prototype, such as the both arms a kinematic device (probably 1st vertical axis) and some dummy links (link1 and link2). What are these links for? And how to link/connect the device and the arms? Using attach?

By the way, I use 12.0.1, because 12.1 is still unaviable for download. However, the concurrent robotic operation is already implemented and briefly described in the help. My problem now is how to prepare the robot kinematics for creating the operations.

Dave

You need to embed the robots of the dual arm system (left arm, right arm, torso if any) into a compound equipment.

You need to create a dummy kinematics in this compound equipment so you are able to define it as a robot via Kinematics Editor (it is not important where the BASEFRAME and TOOLFRAME of the compoiund equipment are located, but it is important it is defined as a robot).

Then you create regular robotic operations for the torso, left arm and right arm, as usual (assigned to torso, left arm, righ arm).

Then you can create a new concurrent robotic operation (new type) assigned to the compound equipment by selecting regular robotic operations from the left and right arms.

More details in the online help.

Dave,

12.1 is available since April 29th for download.

But it has been relocated to the 64bit section on the download-server.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

thank you both. I've even downloaded the 12.1 version, but it works the same:

Concurrent robotic operation works fine.

However, I don't know how properly connect the 'torso' with arms.

I must have mistake in the kinematic definition.

Could you help me with this, please?

Dave

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave007
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

You need to attach the left and right arm to the torso TOOLFFRAME within the compound equipment.

You do no need to create so many links and joints, just 2 dummy links without an entity and a dummy link between them.

[ Edited ]

Thanks, it is all ok now.

D.

Hello,

I'm new to Process Simulate and I have a similar problem with a Yaskawa Motoman SDA 20D.

I followed your explanation but apparently I did not attach the arms correctly with the torso, they do not move with the torso in Joint Jog.

Could someone explain step by step how to attach them?

Thank you!

Timon

SDA 20D.PNG

How did you solve this problem