cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create weld path in nx which can be shown in JT format when it is exported to Process simulat

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I created a required assembly in which two parts has to be joined by arc weld process..So i can import the jt file from nx to Process simulate, but the problem is in jt file we are not geting the details of weld paths and weld points..(i.e. only Geometry is shown in Jt).So wether there is any command that we can create weld path itself in nx and also can be export to JT along with weld path feature...

For weld points we have the command in NX (plug/spot weld) with which we can get weld points in JT..
9 REPLIES

Re: how to create weld path in nx which can be shown in JT format when it is exported to Process sim

Genius
Genius

Hello!

Have you tried putting your JT file in "Modeling Scope"? In PS, if you select a JT file and put it in modeling scope ("Set Modeling Scope" command) you may find some "hidden" objects from your original JT file.

Regards,

Re: how to create weld path in nx which can be shown in JT format when it is exported to Process sim

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

I'm not completly sure what you are trying to do, but in NX you can export the welds to a CSV file and then use that file to create the welds in Process Simulate.  Typically in PS weld are considered MFG Features and show up in the MFG Viewer (Viewe -> Viewers-> Mfg Viewer).

Once you have authored the weld in NX RMB in an empty space in the Menu Bar (gray area) and select Weld Assitant.  In the Weld Assitant tool bar select "Export CSV File", then window select around the welds in the Graphic Viewer, and finally select OK in the Export CSV File window.

Note you can rearrange the Attributes which represent the different columns in the Export CSV file, so that the format is what you want.

Then you can use the import method in PS to bring in the weld file.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

thanks for your support

yes i did like that and also i am getting weld points in ps JT file but those(weld points) are only available when i create the weld points by using the command plug or spot weld in nx...so my doubt in the same way how can we create weld path instead of weld points...because i know the processes of how to export weld points and how to define them as MFG's in PS but i for weld path creation i am unable to find wether is it possible or not in nx itself.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

I´m not familiar with NX but from the icon I can see in your screenshot, it looks like "Fillet Weld" is what you are looking for.

Best regards

Patrick

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

No. i am not looking for fillet weld..i am looking for a command that can create weld path and which(weld path) we can able to get in jt format when that part is exported to jt...

Siemens Genius

I don't think it's possible to author the Weld "path" in NX.  When i think of "weld path" I think of the dashed lines that connect the Weld Locations in the PS Graphic Viewer.  The ones that are displayed when you "check" the Weld Op box in the Operation Tree.

If you are trying to display this path in NX I doubt that is possible.  I think this is considered manufacturing information and is only authored in PS, since in a way following the dashed lines shows the weld sequence or robot path.  I don't see how you could get that information from NX since there you are only authoring the spot and do not have enough information to know or predict the robot path.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi JasonB,

thanks for your kind information...

i also think may be there is no command like that in nx (like plug or spot weld command to create weld points) to create weld path which we can use that as an weld path in Process Simulate while creating a continious weld operation....

anyway thanks for you Support..

Siemens Genius

Hi Goli,

I noticed you mentioned continuous operation, which for me is a Continuous Manufacturing Feature.  I know in NX you can create Fillet Weld.  This should provide a JT data set from which to create the Cont MFG Feature in PS.  Not sure if you are aware of this or not.  That is about all I got now. Smiley Happy

• In NX 9
  • RMB ArcWeld Item and select Make Work Part
  • Verify in Modeling [NX Start -> Modeling]
  • Select Insert -> Weld Assistant -> Fillet Weld… to display the Fillet Weld dialogue

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Goli, if you are on a managed session of NX use the weld assistant in order to reuse the arc welds in PS.  If you are on Standalone go Process tab - Create Continuous Mfg from Curves.  Consume these MFG's in your operation and project as Arcs.