I found some similar topics regarding my problem but they didnt really solve my problem. When I switch to line sim mode I cant start my Pick and Place operations with a start signal.
I created a start signal for the PNP operation. I tried to trigger it in Sim Panel, that didnt work out. Can anybody tell me how to use this PNP start signal to start the operation in Line sim mode (with a logic resource in PS)?
I created a logic resource with a PLC connected signal as entry1. The exit1 signal has the PNP start signal connected to it. What should I do with the IF statement? I found out that the RE function is for signals changing from 0 to 1. I tried RE("entry1")
Solved! Go to Solution.
the operation start signal is used only in PLC mode.
If you are in CEE mode, you should create a non sim operation, link the robotic operation to it in the sequences editor. Then edit the transition condition by addiing RE(Entry1).
Hi, thanking you for your reply!
I'm in PLC mode. So, I right clicked my robot and clicked the "create robot start signals". This created a resource output signal for starting the PNP operation. I also created a resource input signal that i beeing mapped to a PLC signal. I can change the value of this signal using OPC Scout. I can see this signal changing in the Sim Panel in Process Simulate.
My LB looks like this.
When I run my simulation in Line Simulation mode and change the signal to true in OPC Scout, the operation isnt starting..?
the methodology I normally use to run robot operations is different:
- Create a robotic program and include the PickAndPlce operation into it
- define that robotic program as default
- edit the robotic program and assign #path vule to the pickand place operation, 1 for example
- map you start signal to the robot programStart Signal (created when creating alll robot default signals)
- create another siganl that will set the programNumber
- when there is rising edge of programStart and the programNumber is valid (there is an operation with this #path) and a program is not already running, the operation should start.
I have a programStart en programNumber connected to PS. The values change correctly when I change them from my PLC. Also the path number is set correctly, but my program still isnt starting. What is the correct way to use these singnals in an LB?
Finally, I found out you need to create ALL default robot signals. When you create just the programStart en programNumber signals it wont work...