Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

opcua connection in PS, the tag in datatype 'int' can't get values from server

i have created a opcua connection in PS, and all tags in 'bool' can be read/write from server, but the tags in 'int' can't. anyone meet this situation before?

i used Process simulation v13.1.

9 REPLIES

Re: opcua connection in PS, the tag in datatype 'int' can't get values from server

HI,

Can you please try to set all signal names in PS Signal Viewer in quotes (")?

signalviewer.pngsimpanel.pngplc.png

Best regards

Patrick

Re: opcua connection in PS, the tag in datatype 'int' can't get values from server

my test connection using KEPServer as OPCUA server and I use the identifier as the signal names in PS signal viewer. actually I use the PLC OPCUA Server which simulated by PLCSim advanced as picture. I have added (") in the signal name and the bool tags are normal. the INT tags can't connect as picture.

1.PNG

2.PNG

I don't know where i get mistake.

Hi,

can you show a screenshot from Signal Viewer as well?

BR

SERVERSETTIN.PNGSIGNALVIEVER.PNG

these are my serversetting and signal viewer setting. no matter there is adress in the signal viewer, it can't work.

i find a intersting situation when i make the test.

if the tags type in PLC setted in 'word or uint', PS setted nomatter 'int' or 'uint'.  the PS can read the values.

but PS still can't write value to the OPC server.

PLCtag.PNGPS.PNG

SERVERSETTIN.PNGSIGNALVIEVER.PNG

these are my serversetting and signal viewer setting. no matter there is adress in the signal viewer, it can't work.

i find a intersting situation when i make the test.

if the tags type in PLC setted in 'word or uint', PS setted nomatter 'int' or 'uint'.  the PS can read the values.

but PS still can't write value to the OPC server.

PLCtag.PNGPS.PNG

Hi,

Can you check if the following "Protection" is activated in TIA v14?

protection.png

I think you should use "INT" instead of "UINT".

Best regards

yes, in the TIA v14 I have set the project to protection. the PLCSim advance need this.

i need to use 'int' in PLC, but when i set tag in 'int' the PS can't read it. And no matter what type i set in PLC, PS always can't write values into the PLC. this problem seems very strange.

BTW, i use PS v13.1

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fishnr
‎03-05-2017 07:44 PM

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I want to explain my environment and settings I use to get it work.

In this way it should work for you as well.

PLCSIM Adv:

plcsimadv.png

In my TIA project i used CPU 1515F-2 PN

Send your hardware and software to CPU. For CPU 1515F-2 PN I activated the internal OPC Server:

plcopcserver.png

opcserversecurity.png

TIA Portal: (PLC tag (INT)

plctag.png

Process Simulate: (PLC Signal (INT)

pssignal.png

TIA Watch Table:
plcwatchtable.png

PS Simulation Panel:

pssimulationpanel.png

That the way it works in my environment.

Best regards

Patrick

Hi

Version 13.1 had an issue with the Float and INT16 data types.

This issue is resolved in the next version (13.1) and I believe should also be hot fixed in version 13.1 shortly.

In the meantime, I suggest switching your INT to DINT and testing again.

Kind regards,
Gal Snir