Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

questions about path template action

I have a few questions about the "path template action".

is there a way to change the path name?

it is possible to activate the function without locations inside the path? (create new locations)

It is possible to use parameter? (example: User Input Rel Value or variable Namesubfix)

thanks

Kind regards,

Benjamin Voelzke
8 REPLIES

Re: questions about path template action

Hi Benjamin.

1. Yes, you can change the path's name. For example:

<Action Name="Rename Operation" LocRange="Operation">

<Rename Name="New_name"/>

</Action>

2. I don't think you can use path template on an empty path, since you will be missing the refLoc.

3. The path template itself is predefined in the xml, so I don't think you can use parameters you give PS while Applying Path Template, but you can set motion parameters, for example (note the part in bold, perhaps this can help): 

"6.5.1.3 Param

This element describes a single robotic parameter new value:

<Action Name="SetAllLocations" LocRange="All">

<Param Name="RRS_MOTION_TYPE" />

</Action>

The node contains the following attributes:

Name [@,0-1] – The new parameter name. This is fully defined (min, max, list, type, etc.) in the customized motion XML file. This attribute is mandatory unless you use the RemoveAll attribute.

Value [@,0-1] – The new parameter value. If this parameter is omitted, the system displays a dialog containing all the undefined parameters for the executed action."

Hope this helps,

Gal

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

thanks.

i find the documentation between to change the path name.

this is only inplemented in version 11.1 tr01.  all OEM's work with PS10.1

It is possible to use parameter? (example: User Input Rel Value or variable Namesubfix)

If I understand this correctly,i don't work with user parameters.

Kind regards,

Benjamin Voelzke

Hi.

I'm not sure what you mean. What parameter do you want to use ? From where I mean ?

As  I mentioned - whatever values you want to use in the Path template have to be written in the Xml file itself. The only other option I know is leaving the "Parameter Value" field blank which will allow you to choose a value from the Robotic Parameter's list.

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

what i'am meen.

on activate the path template, i will select a value of new locations (max. new location, max loops)

or

select the color for the locations

or

or select the rel move direction

or....

my problem: all path template parameter a fix write in xml file.

Kind regards,

Benjamin Voelzke

Hi Benjamin.
No - unfortunately you can't select a parameter to run the Path Template with (such as setting the color of new locations).

You might be able to implement some sort of criterion\workaround in the Path Template itself, like setting the color for locations added after a weld point to Green while locations added after a via point are Red, or you could write 2 path templates - one for Green and one for Red and select which one to run (similar to running a path and then selecting a color).

Gal
Kind regards,
Gal Snir

thanks for your answer.

the idea for the path template is good.

but for a very good work result we need more extensions.

thanks

Kind regards,

Benjamin Voelzke

No problem.
I'm glad you're generally pleased with the application.

What other extensions do you mean? Using parameters like you suggested ? Or something else? (or both of course).
Kind regards,
Gal Snir

The idea of the feature is good. It should work all OLP/motion customize XML commands.

Kind regards,

Benjamin Voelzke