Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acoustic transfer function?

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am using two mics (mic-1 and mic-2) to measure the power spectrum of the signal from a speaker. Mic-1 is placed at the speaker, source position. Mic-2 is placed at the pedestrian ear, receiver position. I have already calculated the power spectrum for these two mics and saved the time history data.

Now I want to calculate the transfer function, mic-2/mic-1. Can you tell me how to do it in LMS?

1 REPLY

Re: Acoustic transfer function?

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

1. Start Desktop module ( Windows 7 : Start -> all programs-> Sim Center Testlab 18-> Desktop Standard & Advance)

2. Open Signature Throughput Processing ( Tools -> Add-Ins -> Signature Throughput Processing -> check box on left side of screen)

Q2_P1.png

3. Go to Navigator worksheet and right click on time data you want to process then select add to input basket

Q2_P2.png

4. Go to Time Data Selection worksheet and press the “Add” button (above channel list)

5. Below Data Set check box in “View” column to visualized the data

Q2_P3.png

6. Go to Time Data Processing worksheet and check the data you would like to process using the “Select” column (left side of screen)

Q2_P4.png

7. Press “Change Settings” above Channel Processing

8. On “Acoustic” tab using “Function:” drop down box select “FRF”

9. Press “Define…” button to select “References:”

Q2_P5.png

10. Select desired reference channel by checking box in “Reference” column then press “Close” button

11. Press “Close” on “Channel Processing Settings” box

12. Press “Calculate” button ( middle of page)

13. Use the “Results Preview” box to view processed FRF

Q2_P6.png