Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating Slope in Test Lab from Tabular Time Data

Creator
Creator
  1. I am working with tabular time data that was acquired in a non Testlab system
    1. Time
    2. Angle
    3. Tq
  2. I want to use Test Lab to plot Tq vs. Angle and to determine the slope of angle vs. Tq for different time periods
  3. Below is an example in .xls using trend line function to determine the slope

LMS_forum_stiffness_plot.png

3 REPLIES

Re: Calculating Slope in Test Lab from Tabular Time Data

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Paul,

In Test.Lab when you display the trace in a front/back display, you can insert a double x-cursor; then right click on the 2nd cursor -> Calculations-> choose Linear Regression, which it'll show the value of a, b & r^2.  It won't show the equation from the screen shot below, here's the equation: y= 0.1x -80 r^2 = 1 indicate it's a straight line.

Picture1.jpgHong

Creator
Creator

Hong,

I hope all is well and thank you for the feedback.Smiley Happy That said I will need to get the data into TestLab. Given the tabular data is in time in the Data Block Editor I would need three columns? What setting should I use to copy in from .xls

LMS_forum_stiffness_plot_Data_Blaock_Editor.png

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Paul,

The three column you need is a 3D plot, which it's a colormap/waterfall.  What you can do is copy an existing waterfall to excel, then replace the data with your data in excel.  Since the excel file already have the necessary header information, Test.Lab will able to import file.  Data block editor won't work for 3D plot, only for 2D.  Also, if you can share the data with me, I can see if I can fix it for you.  Please send files to supporttest.lmsna.plm@siemens.com

Hong