Can I listen to an order all by itself?

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have an audio recording of an engine run-up and I want to isolate and listen to different orders from the recording. Can I do this with Testlab?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can I listen to an order all by itself?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello JMonjoie,

Yes this is possible in either Audio Replay and Filtering or Sound Diagnosis.  Both can be accessed by adding them into Simcenter Testlab.   You can then use an Order-Pass (Order Band Pass) filter.  An order filter would remove the order from replay whereas an order-pass filter will only replay the order.

replay.jpg

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

In addition to the great suggestion offered by Kevin which is very straight forward. Another method to listen to an order and create a time hisotry recording of the filtered data is to use a Kalman filter with the time signal calculator.

Alternative Method  – Kalman Filter with Time Signal Calculator

• Start Desktop module ( Windows 7 : Start -> all programs-> Sim Center Testlab 18-> Desktop Standard & Advance)
  • Open ‘Harmonic Tracking’ add-in and then ‘Time Signal Calculator’ add-in. ( Tools -> Add-Ins -> Harmonic Tracking -> Time Signal Calculator) Click on check box on left side of screen for each required add-in then press ‘OK’ to close window.

Q12_P1.png

Q12_P2.png

• Right click on your data file then select “Replace in Input Basket” to load time history data into the input basket for processing.

Q12_P3.png

• Then select ‘Time Data Selection’ Tab, next press ‘Replace’ button at top of page

Q12_P4.png

• Next press the “fx” icon button in the top row of the ‘Time Signal Calculator’ section to select a formula

• When the ‘ Select Function’ opens using the column on the right select ‘Conditioning’ then using the column on the right select ‘KALMAN ORDER CUT’ then press ‘OK’ button to close the box.

Q12_P5.png

• Next enter the required formula arguments (function channel ID, tracking signal channel ID and harmonic confidence) then press the ‘OK’ button. Note that increasing the harmonic confidence increases the sharpness of the order cut filter.

Q12_P6.png

• Next press the calculate button to process the data and create new filtered time history recording

Q12_P7.png

Q12_P8.png

• Then to save the new order cut recording to the project, press the ‘Save AS’ button located at the bottom of the DataSet box.

Q12_P9.png

• After saving the data to the project the recording will be available for exporting or playback using the ‘Navigator’ worksheet.

• That’s it you are all set

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Kevin ... I have already put this suggestion to good use !

Experimenter
Experimenter

This is an interesting option that I will keep in mind for future use ....