Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't import SDF file

Creator
Creator

Someone gave me a SDF file of a Wide Open Throttle runup to analyze in LMS Test.Lab, but I can't get it to import.

First I right click on the file and choose "Convert to Test.Lab..."

Convert.png

Then I look for a folder

convert2.png

Then I get this error message:

convert3.png

"Throughput data can not be added to the Test.Lab project".

1 REPLY

Re: Can't import SDF file

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Gizma,

The warning or error message actually explains this.  Since throughput data (time histories) can be very large we do not store them in the LMS Test.Lab project, rather they are stored in the folder with the same name as the project in the same directory as the project.  That is why they will not convert to an LMS Test.Lab project - that is intended for Geometry, frequency domain data and mode shapes.   You have two choices when working with other file types:

1)  Add the SDF file to the input basket, add the data from the Input Basket to the Time Data Selection worksheet and process the SDF file directly with the Time Signal Calculator or the Time Data Processing worksheet or whatever you want to do with it.  You can also plot data from the SDF file directly on the Navigator worksheet.  There is no reason to import or convert unless you want to.

2)  You can convert to our LDSF format and add to your project by right clicking on the SDF file to add the Input Basket and add the data from the Input Basket to the Time Data Selection worksheet.  This is the same as (1).  Then use Save As... on the Time Data Selection worksheet to save as an LDSF file and add a Run to you project.  This run will then link in the LDSF file.  That LDSF file will be stored in a folder with the same name as the project.  Then process as normal.  If your throughput data is very large then working with an LDSF file is much more efficient to plot it.  We store an overview of the data with the LDSF which makes it much faster to plot then using the SDF file directly if it is very large - that is true with all the other file types.

Kevin