Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cepstrum analysis for Gearbox NVH evaluation

Creator
Creator

Details about Cepstrum analysis for Gearbox NVH evaluation using LMS.

You can suggest any website link or Guideline PDF.

3 REPLIES

Re: Cepstrum analysis for Gearbox NVH evaluation

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Here's the information I found from Test.Lab desktop help:

Picture1.jpgDo you have any data that need to be analyze?  Can it be share?

Hong

Highlighted

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I have time data for gearbox housing vibration. I am looking for defect frequencies due to roller bearing/gear mesh (Please refer https://www.waset.org/publications/9999311)

Can you explain which function to be used in Time data calculator to calculate complex/Real/Power cepstrum, as explained in Test lab Help under "Cepstrum".

Can you share any useful website link/application note/procedure for such kind of analysis.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

The Cepstrum Analysis function is not part of Time Signal Calculator but rather part of the Data Calculator on the Navigator worksheet.  The Data Calculator will require that the Time signal is a Test.Lab block before you can add it to the Data Calculator's data set.  If it is not, then display the time signal in a display, select the curve and use the Conditioning toolbar to multiply or divide by one.  That will update the display and store the result in a Conditioning folder in the active section.  You can then add that time "block" from the Conditioning folder and perform your Cepstrum Analysis on it.  Both a real cepstrum and a complex cepstrum can be calculated.

2-12-2018 8-38-57 AM.jpg