Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Channel Processing Settings: overcoming issue with using minus in channel name

Hello everyone,

as I got aware of this forum some time ago I find my current question nice enough to ask for help here.

Recently I did some measurements with 3 axial accelerometers. During Post Processing I want to calculate the vector sum using VECTORSUM(Sensor1:+X;Sensor1:+Y;Sensor1:+Z). This works quite nice. Only problem is that I was unlucky enough to use the sign "-" in some sensor names. So VECTORSUM(Sensor-1:+X;Sensor-1:+Y;Sensor-1:+Z) doesn't seem to work.

Therefor I ask if there is any other way to calculate the sum of those sensors? For instance I tried already something like VECTORSUM('Sensor-1:+X';'Sensor-1:+Y';'Sensor-1:+Z'), but that didn't work either.

Maybe there is another way?

2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author brockerdocker
‎07-01-2017 05:45 PM

Re: Channel Processing Settings: overcoming issue with using minus in channel name

If re-naming the point id's doesn't work for you, you can use the Channel ID from the Source Data list in the upper right of the Channel Processing Settings dialog.  So your formula would be VECTORSUM(CH1;CH2;CH3) or whatever the channel number might be.

Re: Channel Processing Settings: overcoming issue with using minus in channel name

Here is a screenshot of showing the selection in the upper right of Derived Channels.  Your channel numbers (CH1, CH2, etc) will probably be different.

vector sum.png

Also, here is a link to an article on 'Calculate vector sum in LMS Test.Lab'.