Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a simplified test profile (for shaker) in Test.Lab Mission Synthesis

Experimenter
Experimenter

In Test.Lab Mission Synthesis I am able to calculate an averaged PSD from a huge quantity of different measurements.

The result is a single PSD as wanted - but what I need is a simplified PSD limit curve with a maximum of 10 data points with the same damage capability as the calculated average PSD. Is there any way to get it?

7 REPLIES

Re: Creating a simplified test profile (for shaker) in Test.Lab Mission Synthesis

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Use the attached excel file got to spectrum tab use curve 2 template Fill out breakpoint table.  Enable excel data dreiver in TL tools addins.  Browse to Excel in file drag trace into display and save the layout the layout will know have the target int.  If you are only making one plot just drag the trace into the plot.

I hope this helps

Re: Creating a simplified test profile (for shaker) in Test.Lab Mission Synthesis

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am sorry, but I don't know what to do exactly with your excel file. There seems to be no formular implemented in your file, so how can it calculate the "simplified" PSD?

I have a PSD with thousand of data points and I have to reduce it to a chart as you have it in your curve 2 (spectrum) automatically - may be in a excel work around. Do you have a more detailed explanation for me, please?

Thank you a lot!

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Sorry for the confusion.  Attached is an updated template and a screen shot walk thru is MS Word.  I hope this clears things up.  If you still have questions you can private message me anytime.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Sorry again, but there is only a Word-file in the attachment and no new Excel template. So I am not able to try it.

I think the description in Word is very good and I'm looking forward to the first test. Do you have e new template in excel format for me, too?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Good morning,

I have found something very interesting: a tool called "Breakpoint Generator" in the LMS Test.Lab 17 folder (subfolder "Tools").

If you put e.g. a spectrum into the input basket and open the tool you will have a fiew on the data in a graph. now one can create a table using the given curser to mark the wanted points and add them with the "Add Point to Table" button. If it's finished you have to accept the table so that the tool computes the RMS auomatically. If the RMS value fits not to your idea you can fill in a target RMS an rescale the curve (and table). Afterwards you can save the data (give it a appropriate folder name before) and it will be saved in the original section as subfolder in the "Break-Point Table" folder. It's possible to calculate the MRS and FDS with Mission Synthesis again from the simplified curve to check if it is ok related to the damage characteristics of the original curve.

I don't know, why the tool is not ducumented and why the guys of Siemens are also uninformed at all.

But this will be a good way to get what I want.Breakpoint Table Generator.JPG

Experimenter
Experimenter

Very actual for me now!

Experimenter
Experimenter

What does it mean? Is it helpful for you?