Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Customizing axes in 3D Colorplot

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

can you share the lms project or you can copy all the curves to excel, and share the excel file with me?

Hong

Creator
Creator

Hi Hong,

Please find the curves attached.

Thank you,

Mircea

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Mircea,

You should be able to switch the Z axis from torque to RPM.  I see both available as Tracking values so I don't know why you cannot swtich the Z axis from Torque to RPM.  Perhaps it is the way they were extracted from the waterfalls.    Can you share the waterfall data?  Or the entire section they reside in?  Feel free to send it directly to me or I can send you my email or an upload link if it is large.  

Creator
Creator
Can you send me an upload link. The whole project is about 300Mb.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Mircea,

Thank you for your data.    Both the data you uploaded previously and with the results below, I can see two Tracking channels, and two tracking values but cannot switch the Z axis to the second value.  I thought this would work, but did not.  I will write this up as a Problem Report (PR) because the tracking axis .

A couple of workarounds:

1)  Show the Tracking Value as a column so you can see the speed.  Edit the properties of the data and change the User Comment or User Channel ID fields to include the speed.  Then display in a function map display and add the User Comment or User channel ID field to the Curve Legend on the left.

11-5-2018 11-42-01 AM.jpg

2)  Copy the data to Excel and edit the headers such that only one tracking axis, speed is available.  I did not try that but it should work too.

What I hoped would work:  Rather than pulling blocks out of a waterfall, I would do a "Map Cut" using the Signature Data Post-Processing add-in on the Post Processing worksheet.  You can add this into the Testlab Desktop or access it via Signature Testing - Standard or Advanced.

Expand all the runs and folders with your Octave 1/3 Waterfall data so you can see the waterfall icon, then highlight all the waterfalls and perform the Map Cut.  Your tracking Z axis is available as Torque, Tacho and Time.  Select Torque and then do a map cut on the torque you want to pull them out of the waterfalls.  I did 50 and 100 Nm as an example.  You can calculate several Map Cuts if you want by specifying more sections separated by semicolons ;.

11-5-2018 11-05-19 AM.jpg11-5-2018 11-37-22 AM.jpg

Creator
Creator

Good morning,

I will try that Kevin. Thank you both Hong and you for your help.

Best regards,

Mircea