Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Data to Excel via Testlab Automation

Hello,

for me it's the first time that I am using Testlab Automation and I am struggling to export some measured data from my LMS project into an Excel-file. With a VBA script in Excel I manage to access the folder structure of the sections and runs in my LMS project, but I don't know how to export data into my open Excel file.

The commands I am using are:

Set my_db = TL.ActiveBook.Database

Set my_att = my_db.ElementNames("")

tmp_t = my_db.ElementType(my_att.item(i))

With those commands I can retrieve the structure and the names of folders etc. In the object library I've found the command my_db.GetItem(). With that I can get the number of Data-Points in a specified measurement (Like Overall Level Data from Channel1). But I still don't get the actual data, just the amount of data points.

How can I get all the data points from a given measurement and store them in an Excel range?

4 REPLIES

Re: Exporting Data to Excel via Testlab Automation

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

in attach you can find a small code example on how Test.Lab Automation is working.

special on how to retrieve datapoints from a datablock.

for more info and detailed explanation and deeper insights, contact your PLM contact person for dedicated Test.Lab Automation training.

Hello bvlassa,

thank you very much for the fast and helpful answer! I managed to retrieve the information I was looking for.

For others who might be interested, here is the code I used to get Overall level data (section and run_name still have to be filled):

Path = section & "/" & run_name & "/Tracked processing/Fixed sampling/Time/Sections/Overall level"
Set att3 = my_db.ElementNames(Path)

Path2 = Path & "/" & att3(0)
att4 = my_db.ElementType(Path2)

Set dataBlock = my_db.GetItem(Path2)
Xvalues = dataBlock.Xvalues
YRealValues = dataBlock.RealYValues
YUserValues = dataBlock.UserYValues(LMSTestLabAutomation.CONST_ScaleProperty.dB_Scale)
XLange = dataBlock.XCount
label = dataBlock.label
YValues = dataBlock.YValues
YQuantity = dataBlock.YQuantity
XQuantity = dataBlock.XQuantity
YAxisId = dataBlock.YAxisId
XAxisId = dataBlock.XAxisId
LengthX = UBound(Xvalues)

Hello everyone!

Recently I asked about how to read out data from a LMS project using Excel and VBA. Thanks to the help I managed to read out all post-processed data. However now I am stuck trying to read out the original measured time data.

How can I access the throughput data? I tried the following:

Dim dataBlock as LMSTestlabAutomation.IBlock2

Set att = my_db.ElementNames(PathToThroughput) Path2 = PathToThroughput & att.item(0) Set dataBlock = my_db.GetItem(Path2)

I get the following error: "Runtime error '13': Types mismatching"

I suspect I need to use another variable type than IBlock2. But I don't know what.

my_db.ElementType(Path2) yields 'BlockStream'
So the question would be how do I access a BlockStream?

Any help is gladly appreciated.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Dear,

for better searching keys can you create a new forum topic ?

thanks