Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Import Abaqus FE analysis acceleration time data into LMS Test Lab for OMA

Experimenter
Experimenter
Good Evening,

Can someone help me on how to Import acceleration time data from Abaqus explicit analysis.
Total I have 300 points, each point has 3 directions(X,Y and Z), total 900 data points which needs to imported into LMS Test Lab for further processing (OMA).

Appreciate your help in this regard.

Regards
Kesava Reddy K
7 REPLIES

Re: How to Import Abaqus FE analysis acceleration time data into LMS Test Lab for OMA

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello,

What file extenion are your data?  Test.Lab can import .sdf, RPCIII, UNV or UFF, .mat, ASAM ODS classic and ASAM ODS XML.

Hong

Re: How to Import Abaqus FE analysis acceleration time data into LMS Test Lab for OMA

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks Hong for your quick reply.

Extension from Abaqus is ODB.

I have gone through the PDF document for which importing data into Test Lab, this file format is not listed.

Is there any possible method to do so.

Kesava Reddy K

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Since ODB file extension is not an option for Test.Lab import, is it possible to export to the file extension I mentioned previously in Abaqus?  What other file extension can you export to?  Can you export to Excel or ASCII?

Hong

Experimenter
Experimenter
I have no tool to convert or export it to the file formats which you mentioned.

I can export manually to excel but need lot of time to do for 900 data points or even more.

I'm looking for easier option.

Appreciate your efforts for thinking on this.

Kesava Reddy K

Creator
Creator

you need get help from Abaqus and learn how to export data to Excel file.

Creator
Creator
I guess it could be the only solution.

Abaqus analysis --> Write each nodal transient accelerations(X, Y and Z) --> Excel sheets --> Import into LMS TL and assign to Each node ID.

It could take lot of my time unless if i write a script.

Let me know if anyone has better option.

Thanks @Hong and @Z_L

Regards
Kesava Reddy K

Creator
Creator

I am not a Abaqus user but have done FEA for 30+ years. I cannot believe Abaqus has not function to export all the results into Excel rather than asking the user to export them one by one. 

Have you contacted Abaqus support team or someone more experienced with Abaqus for help?