cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get RMS reading in Cursor Display for a random plot using front back picture...

Creator
Creator

When I display the cursor legend on a random plot while in navigator using a front back picture I cannot get an RMS value to display in this legend. I was told to click on the legend and then calculations the choice to display RMS would be available and it is not. Has ayone seen to corrected this problems? 

3 REPLIES

Re: How to get RMS reading in Cursor Display for a random plot using front back picture...

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello,

There are two ways to display RMS in a plot \ picture \ display in LMS Test.Lab.

1)  Add a double X cursor to the picture.  Right click on the double X cursor, go to Calculations and turn on RMS and any other calculations you wish.  They will then be shown in the cursor legend.

2)  Right click on the picture or curve legend and select Options.  Go to Calculated Content and move the Statistical Value - RMS to the right to display.  Near the bottom you can turn on a Prefix and number of decimals, dB value and Unit label.

One caveat for time histories with a lot of data points on the X axis:   If you do not see the RMS value it is because we have a limit on the maximum number of data samples we use for display and calculations.  If you change the X axis to zoom in some, you will see the RMS value once it is is below the numer of data samples used as the threshold.  That threshold is stored under Tools, Options, Data.  Change the "Max. number of samples used for calculations" by adding some zeros until the RMS calculation can be done for the numer of samples in your data.  There is a similar setting for reporting the visual range.

Re: How to get RMS reading in Cursor Display for a random plot using front back picture...

Creator
Creator

Kevin,

Thanks for your answer. I was not creating a double cursor and therefore did not see the rms calculation selection.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Here is an link/article that explains the features of the Double X cursor: Tips and tricks for the LMS Test.Lab Double X Cursor