Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Simcenter3D pretest universal file in Simcenter Testlab?

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have done a pretest analysis for a modal test in Simcenter3D.  Exported the pretest modes and geometry to a universal file.  How do I import this in Simcenter Testlab? Want to do MAC comparisons and side by side viewing.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Import Simcenter3D pretest universal file in Simcenter Testlab?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

To import the geometry and modes of the Universal file into a Simcenter Testlab project, do the following:

1. First to to the Geometry worksheet (Tools -> Addins -> Geometry) to import the geometry into the current project. Navigate to the universal file under “My computer”. Highlight the geometry in the file and press “Import Geometry” button.

geom.png

2. There are no connections between nodes in the pretest created universal file. They need to be added in the Geometry worksheet by selecting “Lines” at the top of the screen.  Click on the points and makes connections between them.

connect.png

3. Next the mode shapes needed to be imported from the Universal file into the Testlab project. In the Navigator worksheet, navigate to the universal file under “My computer”.  Right click on the mode set in the Universal file and choose “Add to Input Basket”.

input.png

4. In the Shapes worksheet of the Modal curvefitter (Polymax in this case), the modes can be imported using the “Advanced button…”

mode.png

Under the advanced button, select the following:

1. Under “Create Processing with Poles”, choose “Include shapes”
  2. Under “Load Poles into PoleTable”, choose “Input Basket”
  3. Press “Load Poles” button
  4. Enter a name for the imported mode shapes results and press “Create”

Modes are now imported into Testlab and can be used in MAC calculations, side-by-side comparison, and more…

Siemens Phenom

Another option would be to browse to the Universal File on the Navigator or Geometry worksheet, right click and select "Convert to Testlab".  This will convert the universal file to a Testlab project with the same name in the same directory.  You can open that up and it will have the geometry, modes and data in it.  If you need to connect the lines because that was not done in Simcenter 3D that can be done on the Geometry, Lines worksheet as PJS shows above.

You could then use this project to collect your Test data and compare with CAE.

Siemens Phenom
That sounds a lot faster!