Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import displacement function of time from Matlab into LMS TestLab Operational modal analysis

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello the community, 

I'm a new user of LMS TestLab OMA, currently I have a data base of coordinates from MATLAB(displacement following y-axis) (file.mat). From a SDOF system, these coordinates represents the displacement of the mass excited by differents forces such as Chirp/Hamonic vibration/half sine and white gaussian noise. Therefore try to find the damping ratio and the eigenfrequency that I put in Matlab.

I can export them in the window "display" but it doesn't recognize the unity. The unity of x-axis are represented by the number of point while I would like to display these coordinates depending of the duration of the sample ( 1 second).

When I try to modify the End and the increment, it reset the amplitude of my signal to 0. Moreover, my signal has a time step equals to 1e-05seconds, my duration sample is 1 second, then It should have 100 000 points but unfortunately the limit is 32768.Inkedlms_LI.jpg

lms3.PNGHowever, I succeed to modify manually X points that corresponding to the time iteration and paste the amplitude from excel.

Can I import datafile directly from Matlab into LMS TestLab as it can recognize that it's a data function of time?

Can I display more points than 32768? 

Thank you in advance!Man Happy

2 REPLIES

Re: Import displacement function of time from Matlab into LMS TestLab Operational modal analysis

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

Yes, you can directly import .mat file to Test.Lab, but you 'll need matlab header information for Test.Lab import.  Please download the .zip file and follow instruction.

Also, if you have access to GTAC here's a FAQ with additional information: https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&q=matlab+import&pd=lms-...

IMPORTANT: make sure you specify the units in MKS units as this will work best for the import into LMS Test.Lab

Hong

Re: Import displacement function of time from Matlab into LMS TestLab Operational modal analysis

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thank you !