Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing measurement files from Polytec Vibrometer into LMS Test.Lab

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I have done a vibration measurement using Polytec Scanning Vibrometer. Now I want to import this data into LMS Test.Lab for further processing such as modal analysis. Can I get some help on steps how to import the data into LMS and which file format is preferable please?

Many thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES

Re: Importing measurement files from Polytec Vibrometer into LMS Test.Lab

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

I have seen success by using Universal File export on the Polytec.  As I recall, the Polytec can only export one component, but you can still do all the curvefitting in Testlab and see some good results.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

As I recall, there are a few different types of Universal file export options in Polytec.  Use the option "Compatible to LMS".

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Dear all,

i have just noticed the communication and i would like to propose another approach.

Recently we have been working together with Polytec to cover such a scenario for a common customer. To avoid the single component export or the "not-so" universal file format, we decided to support the ASAM-ODS file format. This can be generated from Polytec and read into Testlab, and it allows to retain way more information than the more classical unv export.