cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to fix Node Names not corresponding to Geometry Nodes?

Creator
Creator

I mistakenly recorded a bunch of modal data, and my measurement point ID's didn't exactly match the geometry node names (I used only the Point ID without the Component ID proceeding it).  I have been searching through navigator, etc., to attempt to modify the measured point IDs, but cannot find an option.

Is there a way to fix the fact that I mistakenly took all of the modal data without the Component Name:Node Name format?  The way it is now, I do have useful FRF/Bode plots, but the geometry animations do not operate.

Thanks,

Shelly

5 REPLIES

Re: Is there a way to fix Node Names not corresponding to Geometry Nodes?

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Shelly,

You can highlight all the FRFs that need to change Point ID on Navigator right click->Edit Properties

Now you can modified the Point ID, you can choose apply to current(one FRF at a time) or apply to all(change all selected FRFs at once). In order to modified Point ID, data must be in the active project.

It depend how many FRFs you need to correct, sometime it might be easier to fix the geometry.  You can create geometry without Component name as well.

Good luck!

Hong

Creator
Creator

Excellent. Thank you Hong for the fast reply.

I had found your first suggestion before posting my question, and attempted to change a few of the measured Point IDs.  I then tried to animate (hoping a few nodes would 'come alive') with no luck.  I will try to change the remainder of IDs, and retry.

I like your second option too.  I did not know I could create a geometry w/o a component name.  That would certainly make some of the later steps (adding lines, etc) easier for single-component tests.

Thanks again!

Shelly

Siemens Genius

Make sure the Point ID is matching exactly as the Full Name on Geometry ->Node minor worksheet, I believe the case have to matching too.  If there's upper case, lower case and spacing, these need to matching exactly too.

Also in Modal data selection workbook->display->there's option "show points on geometry" if this is selected, you can select any FRF and it'll turn node green if there's association between the FRF and Geometry.

Creator
Creator
I've used the 'show points on geometry' in the past. I think I skipped that option this time, because during a previous test, when I tried to use that to select node points, the drop-down list that appears when selecting points before a run have been filtered, with some of the points/directions missing from the list.

I have now finished modifying all of my Point Names in the Navigation Panel for the FRF's in Test.Lab 15A w/o luck animating. I'm assuming I have to go back to the Modal software and reprocess the mode set? That's what I will try next (once I can get my hands back on that computer, if that makes sense). Smiley Happy

Siemens Genius

There is a new feature in LMS Test.Lab 17 to create a map between the geometry and the node names.  That way they do not need to match exactly:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Testing-Knowledge-Base/Alias-Mapping-Matching-Geomet...

Perhaps this can help for the next time.