cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMS TestLab Throughput Processing error - No data was generated....

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am having trouble processing one of runs in my LMS Test.Lab project.  I am getting the error message: "No data was generated in the following runs: Tp 1. Please check whether your tracking settings are compatible with your data."

This is only happening on one of my runs.  

track.png

I included a picture of the message in case someone has seen it before.

5 REPLIES

Re: LMS TestLab Throughput Processing error - No data was generated....

Creator
Creator

I've seen that error message mainly when I've tried to add non-time-based data (frequency data, overall level data, etc.) to the Input Basket, and attempt to paste that data into the Time-Data Selection for calculations using the Time Signal Calculator (which requires time-based data).

Try to go back to the Navigator/Throughput data, and replace the data in the Input Basket to the actual time-data , and try again.

With the TP1 shown, I would adjust your 'Tracking and Triggering' settings in your Acquisition Parameters under Time Data Processing, or make sure (and this happened to me just last week) you have the Checkbox for "Compute Fixed Sampled Data" checked under Channel Processing Settings.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello,

If your tracking and triggering settings are not correct as the warning shows you will not get any data processed.   We see this most often when the Tracking mode is set to Up or Down.    Those are hard limits.  If your Run Up is beginning at 1000 RPM you need to cross through 1000 rpm 1/2 way through your frame.  For example, if your Frequency Resolution is 2 Hz, your frame size is 1/2 second and you must cross through 1000 RPM 1/2 second or later in your time history.  If you cross through 1000 rpm before 1/2 second (or not at all) then no data will be generated.

To resolve, use Immediate Up or Immediate Down which are soft limits.  Data will be processed for a Run Up if the run starts at 1000 rpm or any value above it.  That will resolve this problem most of the time.

If you have a trigger set, is that trigger condition being met for this run?  That could also be a problem.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Also keep in mind that the problem could be as simple as not meeting a starting level or trigger for the calculations.  For instance, if you are tracking on RPM, with a start value of 1000, but your problematic run never drops below 1000 rpm, or starts higher than that, then the start condition is never met and nothing is calculated.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you! I would have never guessed that in a million years! I switched to "Imm. Up" in the Tracking and Triggering menu of Acquisition parameters, and the processing worked!

track2.png

By the way, do you offer training classes for the software?  I primarily use Signature Testing and LMS Test.Lab.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello,

I'm glad we could help.  Yes, we do have training classes.  Actually, the LMS Test.Lab Rotating Machinery course is being offered this week in Troy, MI near Detroit.  We offer that course every two months and it will be offered again August 8-10.

For training see http://training.plm.automation.siemens.com/courses/finder.cfm?solution=SIMCENTER or Google "Test.Lab training" - it will be the first hit after the Ads.

Kevin