cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMS Testlab active picture: How do I copy data from an active picture into LMS Test.Lab?

Creator
Creator

I have data in an active picture in powerpoint that I want to put in LMS Test.Lab.  I lost the original project file. How can I get the data out of my active picture and back into LMS Test.Lab so I can plot it with some new data?

2 REPLIES

Re: LMS Testlab active picture: How do I copy data from an active picture into LMS Test.Lab?

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

I have data in an active picture in powerpoint that I want to put in LMS Test.Lab.  I lost the original project file. How can I get the data out of my active picture and back into LMS Test.Lab so I can plot it with some new data.

cop.png

Paste the data into a new Excel workbook and save it to a directory.

exc.png

In LMS Test.Lab, under “Tools -> Add-ins” select “Excel Data Driver”.

add.png

Then in the LMS Test.Lab Navigator, drill into the directory with the Excel file.  Select the worksheet and then the measurement, just as if it was LMS Test.Lab native data.  The data can be dragged into a display.

drag.png

The data can be plotted and processed directly fromt the Excel file.  If you want, you can also copy and paste the data from the Excel file into the active project.  Just right click on the data and select "Copy", and go to a folder and/or section in the active project and right click "Paste".

Hope that helps!

Re: LMS Testlab active picture: How do I copy data from an active picture into LMS Test.Lab?

Creator
Creator

Thank you for the prompt reply.  That worked for me.