Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMSTestLabAutomation Library to VB

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hei,

I want to start with some coding for the Test.Lab through windows automation, but where I can find the example codes? But most important where I can dowload the LMS Test.Lab Automation Library?

I have the general manual to the Automation, but I couldn't find the library of the example codes to start coding.

Thansk for any help,

Conrado

11 REPLIES

Re: LMSTestLabAutomation Library to VB

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Dear,

The examples code you can find, by a default installation of Testlab, in the Data directory.

So, on the location were default your LMS project will be saved.

On this location there is an directory called "Demo Data \ Automation", here you find some examples.

Be aware if you using Test.Lab 17, you need to install the Demo Data from the 2nd dvd.

Secondly, when you install Testlab, the Automation library is by default installed on your system.

In you programming envirnoment, you only need to add a reference to this library.

Be aware we only support Microsoft Visual Studio applications and VBA of excel.

Regards.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hei,

I think I will need to contact the Support Center, because I couldn't find the automation installation option on the disc 2, that I have here. Maybe i didn't came with our version or something. Which is a little strange since I could activate the automation add-in in Test.Lab.

Thanks for the help anyway, I will search throught the package we've got.

Cheers,

Conrado

Siemens Genius

Which version of Test.Lab are you using?

You also need to install the second dvd.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hei,

We have Tes.Lab 17

I've looked at the installation options in both discs and couldn't find anything related to Windows Automation.

We have the tokens system, I don't know if that is relevant.

Cheers,

Conrado

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

You need to install the Demo Data, that will include the Automation examples.  If you downloaded from the Global Technical Assistance Center (GTAC) downloads area, https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/, then it will be under the 32 bit, Components folder as shown here.

7-17-2018 8-54-02 AM.jpg  

After installing the Demo Data, the Automation examples will be available.  The default location will be C:\LMS\Test.Lab Data\Demo Data\Automation\Tutorials.

7-17-2018 8-56-05 AM.jpg

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hei,

Thanks, I was able to download the tutorial code examples, but I'm still missing the libraries.

I've got the DVD 2 as well from the download center but I couldn't find the automation installation part.

Cheers,

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If you installed LMS Test.Lab then the Automation libraries are installed with it.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Well it should, but it wasn't, there is anyway to get this libraries?

Maybe I don't have access to this libraries, I don't know...

Thanks for the help,

Conrado

Siemens Genius

in the following picture, you can see how to add the Automation library to your Visual Studio project..

this example is based on Visual Basic. Net

AddReference.png