Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lemo microphones no signal

Experimenter
Experimenter

Got my new Scadas with VM8 card to use with my lemo based microphones.  I plugged the lemo cables in, have Voltage AC set in channel setup, but don't see a signal.

4 REPLIES

Re: Lemo microphones no signal

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Is this a ICP microphone?  You need to change the input mode to ICP or if the microphone needs polarisation, then you need to go to Channel setup-> Tools->channel setup visibility->to select Polarisation, and set it to 200Volt.

Hong

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello in addition to Test_Geek's great answer.

Under Tools, Channel Setup visibility you can add fields to Channel Setup to view the Polarization voltage and Power Supply?  I normally add them after Coupling.  This is from the Channel Setup Help document:

Microphone settings (M4 , VM8 module)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Channel identification - microphone parameters

Polarization
The polarization voltage is either 0V or 200V. A 200V DC polarization voltage is commonly required for high precision microphones.

Power Supply
The preamplifier supply voltage is 28V or 0V when not applicable .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Actually, for polarized microphones, you need to activate two fields under "Tools -> Channel Setup Visbility" in the Channel Setup worksheet:

• Power Supply: Set to 28 V
  • Polarisation: Set to 200 V

Hope that helps.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you all.  My microphones are now working.  I set the following:

lemo_mic.png