Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My gosh darn tech keeps messing up point ids

Experimenter
Experimenter

Is it possible to have point id be a drop down box with a limited number of naming options so that we can have consistent naming convention for all our testing?

7 REPLIES

Re: My gosh darn tech keeps messing up point ids

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

Can you save the project as template?

Picture1.jpg

so it carry all the project information such as Point ID, direction, sensitivity values...etc, so you won't need to change point ID if it's same from previous project.

Next time when you launch Testlab go to File->New...

Picture2.jpg

Then you can select a project template you created previously, it has everything from previous project except the measurement data.

Picture3.jpg

Hong

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

A template is really good if you run the same test with the same channels each time.

If you have to change the point ids each time, you might want to have an Excel file with the possible Point Ids, and then copy from Excel (Ctrl-C) and Paste into the Testlab Channel Setup (Ctrl-V).

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

One more thing, if working with a template is OK for you, you can also turn on the Add-in for Parameter Locking and lock the Point ID column so the Point ID cannot be changed.  After turning on Parameter Locking, right click on the column header for Point ID and edit the properties where you can make the column 'read only'.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks these are certainly good options

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Additionally, this is another good option ....

• Open windows file explorer
  • Browse to the following directory (C:\LMS\UserConfiguration\”your user name”\Testlab 17\DataSources )
  • Open file “Measurement_points.xlsx”Q6_P1.png
  • Enter desired naming conventions and transducer direction

Q6_P2.png

• After Entering all of your desired naming conventions ‘Save’ and ‘Close’ the Excel file
  • Start Desktop module ( Windows 7 : Start -> all programs-> Sim Center Testlab 18-> Signature Acquisition-> )
  • Open new project ( upper left corner )

Q6_P3.png

• Select ‘ Channel Setup ‘ tab [ bottom left of page ]

Q6_P4.png

• Using the ‘Channel Setup’ drop down menu [ upper right hand corner ] select ‘ Use Database’Using the ’ 

Q6_P5.png

•  Transducer ‘ drop menu select ‘ Measurement point’ 

• Select ‘Open’ button [ upper right hand corner ]

Q6_P7.png

• Next under ‘Database’ window select a Point Id from the database list you created [ select the number in left column]
  • Then under ‘Channel Setup’ window [ left hand side of the screen ] select the input number where you would like have the Point id name copied.Q6_P8.png
  • Next press the ‘<<<Insert’ button
  • Repeat step 14 as necessary to complete desire channel configuration
  • That’s it you’re all set

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The Measurement Point ODBC database is a great option!  That will ensure that future measurements will have consistent Point ID's.

For data already measured, the alias table is a great feature that will resolve point id problems that have already occurred.  It is available from rev 17 onwards.  

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Testing-Knowledge-Base/Alias-Mapping-Matching-Geomet...

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the link !

That alias table feature is awesome !!