Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot measurement data over something else than time during measurement

Hello,

currently I am faced with the issue of plotting a measured quantity (or a quantity derived from one in a virtual channel) over anything but time while performing a measurement in Signature Acquisition. Is this possible at all?

For instance I measure a speed and calculate its derivative in a virtual channel. Then I would like to plot the obtained Acceleration over the Speed during the measurement. After the measurement I can change the x-axis quantitiy in a block from time to a tacho. So when I have the speed as a tacho channel I can just plot the virtual channel with the derivative of the speed over the speed. However, if I put that virtual channel from the online data in a diagramm I can't change the x-quantity from time.

So, is there any way to do that?

4 REPLIES

Re: Plot measurement data over something else than time during measurement

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

I'm confuse by your statement.  Is it possible attach a screen shot here? 

Thanks.

Hong

Hello Hong,

thank you for your fast reply!

Hopefully the following screenshots help to clarify things:

So this is my channel setup. I measure the quantity speed. Then I have a virtual channel where I calculate the derivative of that channel to get the acceleration:

Speed.PNG

Now, during a measurement I want to see a graph showing current acceleration vs. current speed. So I want to plot the acceleration channel not over time but over the speed channel. So it might either be just a point showing the current state or a line moving forward while time passes. However I currently only manage to plot acceleration over time.

OnlineData.PNG

Siemens Legend

Hi,

In the Measure workbook->Tracking F4, what are your settings?  If your tracking method: Static, tracking channel: could be the speed channel or the virtual channel you created and set up the approriate parameters as shown below as an example:

Picture1.jpg

From data explorer -> Online data ->Fixed sampling -> Runup-> Static, here you can drag & drop the channels to a front/back display, right click on the x axis which you can switch between any channels, but the FFT calculation is done base on your tracking channel.

Hong

Siemens Legend

There is another trick that might help.  To do this, the virtual channel cannot be static, but should be the same sampling rate as the acceleration channel (so group might be vibration, rather than static).

A XY Plot can be used to graph two different signals (with the same time basis/sampling rate) against each other.  Here is a link to an article about how to use the XY plot: https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Testing-Knowledge-Base/LMS-Test-Lab-Displays-XY-Grap...