Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for a specific measurement in a database (Automation - Visual Basic .NET)

Creator
Creator

Dear all, I'm here for a new problem. I have a testlab database (.lms) that contains folders, Throughput (ldsf) and then measurements (eg. 1:tacho, 35:Vib etc.). Now, I want to search for a specific measurement (eg. 1:tacho) by VB script based on Automation Library and then I want to convert the result (the measurement) in a text file. For the conversion, I already received your help but I can not find a way for searching data. In Demo Data  folder of LMS Test.Lab there is the Example 3 and maybe it is similar to my problem, but this example does not work. Therefore, do you have an useful code for my problem?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES

Re: Searching for a specific measurement in a database (Automation - Visual Basic .NET)

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

dear,

In attach you can find an updated version of Example3. Try this one.

regards

Re: Searching for a specific measurement in a database (Automation - Visual Basic .NET)

Creator
Creator

Dear bvlassa,

unfortunately the code does not work! Please, check it!

An infinite loop happens if you run the code for the file example.lms (ordertracking).

Creator
Creator

Please, is it possible to have the working "Example 3" of Demo Data in VB.NET? The one included in the Test.Lab Installation does not work.

Maybe the problem is the wrong folder (Address in TestLab) where the code looks for the keyword.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi! I confirm, the Example 3 (coming from LMS Test.Lab 17 installation) doesn't search for Point Id, no output. Unfortunately, I see that there is no support for the problem.

Highlighted

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Dear,

In attach you can find an updated version of Example3.

I added a work-arround for a bug in Test.Lab.

Please, try / use code in attach.

Thank you , will give a try .

Creator
Creator

The new code works well. Thanks for your help!