Select Channel Group in Throughput Data Acquisition

Creator
Creator

Hi all, this is my first post, so be nice!  In the older-style signature acquisition setup, it was always possible to show and select the Channel Group property for each channel, but in the newer-style acquisition setup, I can't find Channel Group, just Group, which seems to have a different effect.  When I come to process the data in TestLab, the Channel Group is set to Vibration for all of my channels, regardless of what I type in Group, so my acoustic channels default to un-weighted, and I have to go through all of my tests editing the settings and creating duplicates with the correct Channel Group settings.

How can I set the Channel Group property before I take the data?  I'm running SimCenter Testlab 18.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Select Channel Group in Throughput Data Acquisition

Experimenter
Experimenter

You can put the Acoustic channels into the High "Data rate" group in the newer-style, Time Data Acquisition (on the Channels task/tab).  This will result in one samplerate for the Low channels and a different samplerate for the High channels.   Then when you open the Throughput/LDSF file in the older-style Signature Throughput Processing, the Low samplerate channels are automatically assigned to the Vibration Channelgroup and the High samplerate channels are assigned to the Acoustic Channelgroup.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello IanCL,

In Testlab Neo we changed the concepts of Groups.  In traditional Testlab we used Channel Groups called Acoustic, Vibration, Other, Tacho and Static.  The first three could be processed and the last two could be used as tracking axes.  It confused people because they did not need to be Pressure, Acceleration and other units but were actually processing groups and they could have different sampling rates and processing parameters.

Gordon gave you some very good suggestions for bringing the data into Signature Throughput Processing with the correct channel groups.

In Testlab Neo and Time Data Acquisition you can have no group name, or use Group1, Group2, etc.  So you have more groups available to you if you wish.  Here is an example processing in Neo Process Designer and how we would split the channels via Groups and process them differently.  Group2 is split downwards and its Spectral Map, Overall Level, Orders , Stationary averaged spectrum and single value statistics would be A weighted.  All other channels are split to the right and their results have linear weighting and can have different processing parameters as well.

We are testing the June release of Simcenter Testlab 2019.1 now and there is quite a bit of additional functionality and improvements to the Process Designer.

2019-06-12 11_38_43-Simcenter Testlab Time Data Acquisition - groups - Section1.jpg

Creator
Creator
Many thanks - I had a feeling it was related to this setting.