After I connect my Scadas to my laptop via ethernet, it takes a long time before LMS Test.Lab will talk to it. Seems like the PC is trying to connect for a while.
If I wait several minutes to connect, it will make the connection. Is there any way to speed up the connection process?
Solved! Go to Solution.
You need to assign a fix IP address at your Network to 169.254.100.101.
Pls following link under topic "Network adapter configuration"
Here is a little more on the topic
Here are the instructions on changing it:
1. Open the “Network and Sharing Center” in Windows
2. Choose “Change Adaptor Settings” on the left side of the “Network and Sharing Center”
3. A list of network adaptors on your PC appears. Right click on the Local Area Connection Ethernet adaptor and choose “Properties”
4. In “Properties” select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and press the “Properties” button
5. The Internet properties may be set “Obtain an IP address automatically”. If so, this may be creating the long delay in being able to connect.
6. Switch to “Use the following IP address” and set: IP address: 169.254.100.101, Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
Press OK and try connecting again, should be much faster!
Note: When the IP address is set to 169.254.x.x. no internet connections are possible thru that specific network port.
You don't need to know the specific IP address for your frontend. You can enter: 18.104.22.168 for any frontend, it'll work. If you enter the exact IP address for your frontend, will not work. You'll not able to connect. If you really want to know the IP address for your specific frontend, you can always use "Frontend scan", which it's locate in Start menu->LMS Test.Lab 17(or any version)->Tools->Frontend Scan.
All Scadas Mobiles and Scadas XS's have a unique IP address of 169.254.xxx.xxx. What was suggested is setting the Network card, Internet Protocol version 4 settings to an IP address of 169.254.100.101 and a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0.
That will find all Scadas systems. Your individual Scadas will not have an address of 169.254.100.101 but something different. This will allow windows to find it quickly. If you leave your network card setting to find IP address automatically it may take Windows 2-3 minutes to find it.
If neither method (fixed IP address or find address automatically) work then you have some trouble with the installation and should either follow this troubleshooting guide from the GTAC solution center or reach out to your local support team. It could be a problem with the installation, your firewall, our antivirus, etc.
Instructions are the same for Windows 10. Can you find "Network and Sharing center" or "Control Panel"? Once you're there, please follow the instructions from the thread above.