Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Stereo recordings in LMS Test.Lab

[ Edited ]

In a lot of my recordings, I have a left and right ear microphone.

Everytime I do audio replay, I have to click on the ‘Stereo’ button to manually select which channel is the left and which one is the right.  I have several recordings at a time that I compare, and I have do this stereo selection for each one.

stereo1.png

When I exit the replay menu, I get to do it all over again. 

This takes a lot of extra time to do all over again when doing Audio Replay the next time.  Any ideas?

2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author TLUser23
‎01-09-2017 08:20 PM

Re: Stereo recordings in LMS Test.Lab

Yes, you can make the stereo selections permanent in the time signal calculator.

Look for a function called STEREO_MULTIPLEX

stereo_multiplex.png

After opening the menu, specify the two channels you wish to have be denoted permanently as stereo channels.

Stereo channels get a special symbol in the Navigator (Some say it looks like a zombie with a green head and two outstretched red arms).

stereo_symbol.png

Anytime you play even one channel from a time file with the special symbol, it will automatically play both channels in stereo!

It is also possible to specify stereo channels while doing a measurement.  In the Channel Setup, turn on “Tools -> Channel Setup Visibility -> MultiChannel” as a column in the Channel Setup worksheet.

multi_channel.png

In the MultiChannel pulldown, you can select ‘Stereo’.  Two consecutive channels will be stereo channels for replay.

MultiChannel can also be used for triaxial accelerometers.

Re: Stereo recordings in LMS Test.Lab

Thanks!  I tried this and this is much better!