Store only Orders of huge amount of Runs in Input Basket to overcome memory problems

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

after post-processing a lot of measured runs I want to compare the results. Specifically I want to look into the generated order sections. When I try to load all the data in Input Basket and compare the orders in the "Compare Runs"-Add-in the whole programme crashes. I suppose that there is too much memory needed due to the excessive amount of data in the Input Basket (Runs contain Waterfalls, Time Data,...).

So I wonder how can I select only the orders of a few channels from all the Runs that I measured? By that I hope to be

able to compare more different Runs without using too much memoy.

I tried to use the Search-Tool on all the Runs in one Section. I searched for "Point ID component". But as I need at least two different Points this fails. How can I specifiy a search to get all the Orders of two different Points?

Search.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Store only Orders of huge amount of Runs in Input Basket to overcome memory problems

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello,

Here's a link to a FAQ to show you how to use the "List all Blocks" function in Testlab: https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&q=list+all+blocks&pd=lm...

Also, here I include some screen shots to show how you would list your order from different runs:

Picture1.jpgonce you list all blocks from the project, then you add Run NamePicture2.jpg

Also add Function Class:

Picture3.jpg

Now you filter which function or run you would like to see:

Picture4.jpg

I hope the screen shots help!

Hong

Re: Store only Orders of huge amount of Runs in Input Basket to overcome memory problems

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

after reading your question once more time, here I add more information you can sort data by PointID or DOF ID as well:

Picture5.jpg

Picture6.jpg

Hong

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Hong,

thank you very much for your in detail reply!

I'm afraid it seems that I do have too much Runs/data in my Section. If I click on "List all blocks" I get the following message:

Search3.PNGSearch stopped with more than 25000 items. Please refine your search criteria and try again.

What seems to work is the following Search:

Search2.PNG

Thereby I can rule out all the Functions that I don't want and that unnecessarily consume memory space. However I now only get one Point Id, but I would like to get at least 2 different. Also I get all Orders, but I would be fine with only a subset of the one's available in the post-processing.

After I used that Search that I showed I manage to get for one Point all the calculated Orders in one Project. However it seems that not all are shown. In the taskbar it shows "1079 item(s) in list (415 visible)". How can I put all of these 1079 items in the input basket?

Search4.PNG

How can I select only a few orders for two different points? Thank you very much in advance for any ideas on this!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Brockerdocker,

A couple of things here:

1)  If you right click on an order (or any data block) to get it's data properties you will see all the fields you can search for, add as columns or put in the display legends.  One of those is "Section Value".  This will list the order number (or frequency section) such as 2nd order, 4th order, etc.  You can add this as a column to filter or as a Testlab, Block Property to search for.

2) Would it be more Ram efficient to add runs directly to Compare Runs rather than using Input Basket?  That may avoid adding the waterfalls and Throughput Data to the Input Basket.

3)  You can remove the Point ID as a Search criteria to get all Points.  Or use a different filter like Point* or *Z.  You can add them as columns or use the Search tool and the Adv. Sieve options.  You can use the Adv. Sieve to exclude orders via Section Value or exclude specific Point ID's and then Search again.   If some are not listed, they are being filtered out.

2019_01_23_08_40_44_Simcenter_Testlab_Desktop_Advanced_Project1_Section1.jpg

4)  We limit the search to 25,000 block to prevent someone needing to wait a really long time if searching on My Computer or C:\ for example.  To change that, you can edit the LoaderExtension.ini file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Simcenter\Testlab {rev}\central\Configuration or C:\Program Files (x86)\LMS\Test.Lab {rev}\central\Configuration

Or safer,  copy that file and place in your local Configuration folder and edit it there (C:\Simcenter\UserConfiguration\{user}\Testlab {rev}\Configuration or C:\LMS\UserConfiguration\{rev}\Test.Lab {rev}\Configuration).

Uncomment the LimtResults field shown here by removing the pound (#) and adjusting the value.  It will be used when you start Testlab next.

[Search]
#The search is stopped when the number of results reaches the limit
#LimitResults=25000