Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Final Report

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello all,

I am using Test Lab for Random vibration, now i'm trying to create an after test report.

I have managed to create a layout that shows PSD levels of control and response and the grms of both but i cant find a way to show the duration of the test and other inofrmation that you can see while runing the test.

Actully i would like the final report to like what you see just after you finish the run, is there a way to do that execpt print screen after the test ended?

P.S 

Is there an Auto-Report option?

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES

Re: Test Final Report

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

If you have already been able to create a picture with PSD levels and other info, you are most of the way there.  The duration of the test and other info like that are properties of the run.

Run Properties.png 

Then in the print format you can select which ever of the Run information you want.

Run Attributes.png

Experimenter
Experimenter

I think im getting there - now i am able to print to PPT using my format but facing 2 problems:

1. I'm using numerical to show grms but it instist on shoing only g "last value" - how can i change it permenently?

2. when adding Run information like time stamp and total time i got an "Unsupported Display" error - why is that?

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

I don't see any way to set the displayed quantity to RMS as the default in a Numerical display.   I'll put in an enhancement request, maybe we'll see this in a future release.

I don't see the error that you are seeing, what type of picture are you trying to add the attributes to?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I've managed to figure out the ERROR, i tried to put it on "BLANK". now i put it on "FRONT/BACK" and it works fine.

Now, about the RMS, i dont mind changing it manuely but i can't even to it. At the PPT format at the numerical picture when i use right click it shows me differnet views (lats,RMS,dB ect...) but it doesnt change at all.

I can't realse the report without showing the RMS...

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

What is shown under File, Printing Options?  Under General Settings, if you want the format to be what you see in Testlab make sure the selection is Testlab pictures otherwise it takes the settings from the PrintFormat - which is probably using the default settings which  is not RMS.  You may need to be on the Navigator to select File, Printing Options.

8-20-2018 8-44-01 AM.jpg

Experimenter
Experimenter

The settings are the same as in your picture.

In Testlab it shows the RMS but in the print format i cant even change the numerical picture to RMS.

Siemens Phenom

Hello, as stated and also circled in red you need to select  General settings from Testlab pictures.  That will take the settings from Testlab instead of the print format.

Kevin

Experimenter
Experimenter

I did it and yet it doesnt show the same as Testlab.

In Testlab i see the RMS (in navigator) but after i print it shows LAST VALUE.

Siemens Phenom

Hello,  I cannot duplicate that.  If my Printformat is created with a Numerical display with no data in it and I print using the print settings from Testlab then the Powerpoint file has the same format that I see in Testlab.

There are other ways to get RMS, you can add it the legend of any FrontBack display as Calculated Content, Statistical Value - RMS.  You can also add it as a Double X Cursor calculation.

I am currently using rev 18.  See my Printing Options, my PrintFormat and my pptx file.  If you can't get RMS to work in either of these methods, please reach out to your local support office.  With a Skype meeting they should be able to resolve the problem quickly.

8-22-2018 8-59-35 AM.jpgPrinting Options8-22-2018 9-05-35 AM.jpgPrintFormat8-22-2018 9-00-30 AM.jpgPrint has RMS value