Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Scadas Transient Response Software for caturing load cell transients....

Creator
Creator

The idea is to measure the force at the mounting bolts of step motor when it steps. I suggested that the transient capture module would work for this but the force measured will be quite low....How would I know if its feasible to do this test?

2 REPLIES

Re: Using Scadas Transient Response Software for caturing load cell transients....

Creator
Creator

Yes just to clarify my post it should read "capture" and the force of the step will be regictered by a load cell to then be recorded by the SCADAS III transient response. Can anyone see that this will not work for some reason? Another conceren is to have the range low enough on the PQCA charge input card. the signal will come from a rotary type load cell.

Re: Using Scadas Transient Response Software for caturing load cell transients....

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

Any of the LMS Test.Lab acquisition modules that support time recording (measuring throughput) could be used to measure a transient - so yes, LMS Test.Lab Transient Capture could be used or also Signature Testing or Spectral Testing with the Time Recording add-in and Throughput turned on.  Within the Durability products, Time Data Acquisition could be used.

As with any measurement, you need to match the measured value to the transducer and the input card.  The PQCA has the following input ranges.  If this is not sufficient to measure the low force levels with your transducer you would need a transducer with different sensitivity.

Input charge:
±0.2pC, ±0.4pC, ±0.8pC, ±1.6pC,
±3.2pC, ±6.25pC, ±12.5pC,
±25pC, ±50pC, ±100pC, ±200pC,
±400pC, ±800pC, ±1600pC,
±3200pC, ±6400pC, ±12800pC,
±25600pC, ±51200pC