Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

testlab license

Experimenter
Experimenter
Our team bought SC Mobile 202 and a V8E several months ago, and the software include; 1 test lab desktop-advanced(TL-DLP 21.2) 2. test lab frontend driver(40 channels)(TL SCD 40.3) 3.testlab signature tesing advanced.(TL-SIG-34.2) Now,I will get another V8E module from others , we have 16 channels together,my question is: Do I need to update my software?
5 REPLIES

Re: testlab license

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi Jim,

no.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Jim,

Gregory is correct.  Since your Frontend license is good for 40 channles, you are all set with 16 channels.  If you need assistance please reach out to your local customer services team through the call in number or log an incident report (IR) at hthe Global Technical Assistance Center (GTAC) site https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/support/gtac.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Gregory:

Thank your for your reply.

I agree with you ,and in my opinion,the module of signature testing advanced do not limit the channel number.

But the sale engineer from local LMS told me that I must update the signature testing advanced from TL-SIG-35.2 to TL-SIG-37.2, otherwise I could not use the 16 channels at the same time(only 8 channels),both for data acquisition and post processing.

what should I do, how to persuade him?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi  kevin:

Thank your for your reply.

please see the reply I post above, and I want to kown the difference  between TL-SIG-35.2 and 37.2,can you give me some information

maybe I can make a call later

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Jim,

It's best to talk to your local sales and support team since each region may quote the software differently.  These are the available products for Signature Testing Advanced with price increasing from 8 channel to 16 channel to unlimited.

TL-SIG.35.2 TL Advanced Signature Testing (8-ch)
TL-SIG.37.2 TL Advanced Signature Testing (16-ch)
TL-SIG.34.2 TL Signature Testing - Advanced